2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I'm just saying if our first 3 picks are OL, Weapon, Weapon then its good for the offense.

We dont have an empty nest, we have talent but its complimentary talent.

Its like guys expect us to add all these elite pieces in 2 days.

If Fant fails to handle LT, we will expect Wirfs, Becton or even Jackson to master LT immediately.   It doesn't matter if they aren't ready to handle LT.   Too much pressure comparing with Dillard under Peters' wing.

Carbon copying Eagles' 2019 draft is an ideal for Jets but oh boy, we are short fused mofos.  That kid will be a stud for Jets, no excuse. Oops!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If Fant fails to handle LT, we will expect Wirfs, Becton or even Jackson to master LT immediately.   It doesn't matter if they aren't ready to handle LT.   Too much pressure comparing with Dillard under Peters' wing.

Carbon copying Eagles' 2019 draft is an ideal for Jets but oh boy, we are short fused mofos.  That kid will be a stud for Jets, no excuse. Oops!

Okay maybe I'm not explaining myself.

All I'm saying is I would like to draft an OL and a couple weapons similar to what Philly did last year. The offense needs an infusion of youth. Whether any of this works out is TBD anyway and not worth focusing on right now. Let's just get guys in the building.

Sorry to tell some of you guys this but we weren't building a contender in 2 days.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Honestly sometimes it only takes 1 draft class.

Imagine this being our class last year

1- Josh Allen

3- Terry McLaurin

3- Maxx Crosby

Twin pass rushers and a dynamic Wide Receiver.

Or in 2018 just swapping a single pick Orlando Brown over Nathan Shepherd.

No sht.   Timing is stupid for Jets.  

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

No sht.   Timing is stupid for Jets.  

Timing? Or incompetence?

We were all mostly screaming for Josh Allen or a trade back for Burns or Jonah Williams

Someone here was banging their keyboard for McLaurin.

Others wanted Winovich or Crosby in Round 3.

Opportunity has been there for us to draft good players and we haven't. All it takes is the right guy making 5, 6, 7 quality picks over 2 years to take a team from the dumpster to a contender and then some internal development and a bit of luck and then who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Timing? Or incompetence?

We were all mostly screaming for Josh Allen or a trade back for Burns or Jonah Williams

Someone here was banging their keyboard for McLaurin.

Others wanted Winovich or Crosby in Round 3.

Opportunity has been there for us to draft good players and we haven't. All it takes is the right guy making 5, 6, 7 quality picks over 2 years to take a team from the dumpster to a contender and then some internal development and a bit of luck and then who knows.

I am being a good fan for Jets. lol.   Incompetence is more likely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Okay maybe I'm not explaining myself.

All I'm saying is I would like to draft an OL and a couple weapons similar to what Philly did last year. The offense needs an infusion of youth. Whether any of this works out is TBD anyway and not worth focusing on right now. Let's just get guys in the building.

Sorry to tell some of you guys this but we weren't building a contender in 2 days.

I understand that JD was responsible for last 3 drafts with Eagles.  Still, he is young.

edit: for quicker reference...

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/eagles

Edited by JetsandI

32 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Start to learn to like Austin Jackson.

Thomas falling down draft boards. Kiper, Mcshay & Mike Miller has him in 20s. I’d draft Jeudy or CeeDee at 11 then trade back into 1st rd in the 20s & scoop Thomas.

• Like 1

Van Roten has a 3 year offer on the table from Carolina. I doubt we go that far with him.

The guy I'm looking at is Joe Haeg. Fits a ton of characteristics.

-Size(6'6 304)

-Athleticism

-Versatility

-Hogan was on the Colts staff recently.

Wasn't a starter but he could be, especially since he was sitting behind Smith and Glowinski.

Also James Hurst, could be another depth signing for the right side.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If my numbers are right we’ve spent 25mill in cap space so far. So about to 1/2 of what we have without any cuts really yet. Or trades for that matter.

I kind of like how we're going about this FA period.

We all wanted the blue chip OL and skills players, but if we're honest, we need a lot on this roster.

Expect more quantity over quality through FA with quality through the draft. Fill holes with vets and draft stars behind them to take over. 

This is looking more and more like a multiyear build, what do you think?

“The Texans did speak to the Eagles at one point about DeAndre Hopkins. And I think the Eagles decided at this point in this time, with everything that you were going to have to do, you were going to have to pay the Texans, you were going to have to pay Hopkins a new contract, give up compensation ... I think they decided that that wasn’t the right move. Now, I don’t know if that’s because this is maybe the deepest draft at wide receiver there is ever, or if they liked what they had, or if they had other ideas in mind. I don’t know why. But for whatever reason, I think they believe it wasn’t worth it. So, they did have conversations there.”