2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Just a thought but maybe we go after Vinny Curry and play more Traditional 4 man front this year

We should be moving in that direction to be honest. Henry Anderson is like the only guy who is predominantly a 5 Tech. He’s not moving the needle. Just trade him. The rest of the guys are so versatile that Gregg should just make the change. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

We should be moving in that direction to be honest. Henry Anderson is like the only guy who is predominantly a 5 Tech. He’s not moving the needle. Just trade him. The rest of the guys are so versatile that Gregg should just make the change. 

I've been thinking this all offseason. I feel like our best talents get highlighted with an even front. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Not holding my breath. Disappointed Jets haven’t made this as much of a priority. They have a cheap DL right now and the draft is weak at EDGE. Missed an opportunity IMO

Heard anything from your sources on what the asking price for Yannick is?

3 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Heard anything from your sources on what the asking price for Yannick is?

Last word was that it’s going to have to equate to 1st round value. The Seahawks made tons of sense but if Clowney returns that’s out the window. The Jets can potentially swap 1s but not sure if they would be willing... all I was told was they’re going to be interested. 

If they can get away with sending two 2s I think the Jets would bite. He’s only 24 years old...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Last word was that it’s going to have to equate to 1st round value. The Seahawks made tons of sense but if Clowney returns that’s out the window. The Jets can potentially swap 1s but not sure if they would be willing... all I was told was they’re going to be interested. 

If they can get away with sending two 2s I think the Jets would bite. He’s only 24 years old...

I think I'd rather swap firsts if that's all it is, but I'd do it either way. As you said he's only 24. 

• Like 1

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

I think I'd rather swap firsts if that's all it is, but I'd do it either way. As you said he's only 24. 

Personally I think Matt Judon is more likely, but Yannick would be a smart move. 

My cousin is located in Miami and there was buzz for Yannick there. She also mentioned Seattle, the Jets and the Giants (she used to work for Dave Gettleman and a lot of people in that front office). 

Based on trading history I would think that Seattle if Clowney leaves. 

Btw, Chris Harris narrowed it down to 2 teams and ultimately selected the Chargers. He's off the board. 

18 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

This has more to do with him being from here. Grew up in Neptune, still lives in Jersey, and obviously ties, and IIRC he grew up as a Jets fan. I know he has a summer home in Monmouth County still. I would think his agent is begging for the Jets to sign him.