2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

53 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Last word was that it’s going to have to equate to 1st round value. The Seahawks made tons of sense but if Clowney returns that’s out the window. The Jets can potentially swap 1s but not sure if they would be willing... all I was told was they’re going to be interested. 

If they can get away with sending two 2s I think the Jets would bite. He’s only 24 years old...

Swapping 1st sounds pretty good. Puts his value around a 2nd though. So got to imagine we may have to add a 3rd or a 4th.

What do you think he’s contract demands are going to be? 

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don’t believe we make that move he’s gonna cost too much to get imo

I'm open-minded. Douglas comes from a tree that puts a price on a player and sticks to it, but that doesn't mean he's averse to spending for the right player. 

Ngakoue is not a player who traditionally would be available, ever.

He's 24 years old and in the elite category of pass rushers. He's disgruntled, the team is totally rebuilding, and his team has entertained trading him. In fact, he will be traded barring anything unforeseen. He presents a much different opportunity for a team given that he is extremely clean (no character/injury red flags), is young, and has already displayed elite production in his short 4 years. 

He's going to be one of the highest paid EDGE in the NFL and unlike most FA signings, he's going to be worth it. Matter of when, not if. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

The Jets cut Trumaine Johnson with a post June 1st designation. Hmm. Could be a sign that we are about to make a big splash. Otherwise why make the additional space?

Bc he’s awful and wasn’t in our plans at all. Don’t have to be “under the cap” for awhile.

• Like 2

Although it's been slow, the Jets are going to be making a lot of moves as time goes on. Only 60 players currently under contract. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

The Jets cut Trumaine Johnson with a post June 1st designation. Hmm. Could be a sign that we are about to make a big splash. Otherwise why make the additional space?

Don't think so. Just makes good business sense considering how much the cap is going to grow next year, but possible... who knows

• Like 1

Just now, Abe56 said:

Would you guys be happy with Yannick and the 20th pick for our 11th pick?

I'm not totally sure. It diminishes our chances at T, but there would remain a chance that we could still get a solid one there (Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland). Maybe someone like Thomas and Jackson would fall, but unlikely. 

I guess yes, at the end of the day I would be happy. I'd be nervous on draft day though. 

• Like 1