Average Offensive Starter PFF Scores for NFL

MacReady

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He has to be right or he gets butt hurt. He won't answer your questions, but will ask you not to respond to him if he doesn't have a re-buttal to points you make. Then he will ponder and re-engage after thinking up another angle. It's a waste of time.

Agree, done with it.  Enjoy going back and forth with everybody  but insults, etc goes beyond normal responding.  Still enjoy this forum immensely for most all the thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What question have I not answered?

What question have you answered?

Where’s that list of teams better than us?

I will answer any question you have if you list 16 teams with a better receiving corps than ours.  Or if you list 12 teams with a better offense than ours.

What you just said I do is literally what you do.

****ing ask me a question.  ****ing answer my challenge.  Lying moron.

Careful. Breaking forum rules will get you banned

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Eye Test trumps all.  Facts?  Aggregate scores?  Direct comparisons?  Worthless.

Nevermind that literally every site you go to will have the Packers at top 10 on the OL, PFF sucks and is worthless because eye test.

Lazard is hot trash and wouldn't be any team's #7 WR even though he's better than 12 other #2s in the NFL when you actually look at them.

I mean, I am most of the way with you, but...  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Martinez -58.7

Goodson - 60.9

In no universe is Goodson better than Martinez, even if the score is only a couple of points different.  I know that isn't what the thread is about, but it does call in to question the validity of their grading scale, in my opinion.  I think there is a group of posters that is too hard on the WRs and too easy on Rodgers.  I also feel that there is a group, that I am probably a part of, that is the opposite.  

Rodgers needs to hit the WRs on time and on target.  And the WRs need to run crisp routes and catch the ball when they get their chance.  

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Nope .. no go.  You've kinda lost it.  You have some good ideas/thoughts on the Packers but your anger issues get the best of you.

You’re right.  I’ve lost it.  Because you and @cannondale can’t name 16 teams better than us on offense, then say I don’t answer questions and both have the gall to act like you’re right without providing a shred of evidence.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In no universe is Goodson better than Martinez, even if the score is only a couple of points different.  I know that isn't what the thread is about, but it does call in to question the validity of their grading scale, in my opinion.  I think there is a group of posters that is too hard on the WRs and too easy on Rodgers.  I also feel that there is a group, that I am probably a part of, that is the opposite.  

Rodgers needs to hit the WRs on time and on target.  And the WRs need to run crisp routes and catch the ball when they get their chance.  

You have to remember that Goodson is in there sparingly and for one real purpose.  The grades will reflect that.  The more a player plays, the more their grade is effected.  

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re right.  I’ve lost it.  Because you and @cannondale can’t name 16 teams better than us on offense, then say I don’t answer questions and both have the gall to act like you’re right without providing a shred of evidence.  

Remember, these are all opinions .. not gospel.  Your thoughts and our thoughts can be different without going into an all out trash war.  Nobody has to prove anything on their point ...  it's an opinion ... nothing more, nothing less.  You can agree or disagree without confrontation and one doesn't have to be right or wrong.  That's what makes this forum so entertaining.  Carry on.    

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The answer to Goodson v Martinez is simply in their usage. Goodson was a run plug who played pretty much exclusively on run downs. He got a gap assigned, he hit the gap. 

Martinez was getting massive responsibility on a ton of plays. 

• Like 1

FYI, I’ll probably relent and do the same thing for defense.  Mostly because I’m curious about safety ratings.  If defense is anything like offense, Savage’s rating will make me feel a lot better about his future. Without having looked at safeties, I’d bet he graded out as around the 40th best safety.  For a rookie with that kind of athleticism, that’s pretty inspiring.  

I’m also intrigued by the ILB numbers.  I’ll bet Martinez is about average.  Certainly could be upgraded, but probably not terrible comparatively.  

All I wanted to do was show some perspective.  32 teams.  64 starting guards and tackles.  32 starting centers.  64 safeties and so forth.  It’s tough to find these players, so when you have a good or average one, it makes little sense to lose them to get something similar at a different position.  

• Like 1