1980s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. 

Metropolis

I did omit that one, forgot about it because was never a giant fan of it.  Maybe I will have to go back and watch it again but it is so damn long, and not sure I would ever say it is better than Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein in terms of pure entertainment and being able to watch it again and again.  Sure it was older and technically the first of its kind, but what every old movie is always the best just because it was done first?  Not sure that is true at all.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You gotta get over this man.  What takes precedence, the action or the science fiction?  It’s clearly action-driven, would you disagree?

If it does not win the action category I am going to be disappointed, sure it is action as well, but is it any less of a Science Fiction movie than freaking Children of Men or V?

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

"that film didn't matter for anything!"
and I think that dude might be a lady!

You clearly enjoy the men in drag compared to actual women then if you do not have a problem with dudes playing women.  Oh how awful that slight nudity was in From Dust Till Dawn, how horrid of a sight.  Where are the dudes in drag at?  That is what you want to see.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You clearly enjoy the men in drag compared to actual women then if you do not have a problem with dudes playing women.  Oh how awful that slight nudity was in From Dust Till Dawn, how horrid of a sight.  Where are the dudes in drag at?  That is what you want to see.  

you're the one who obviously can not pay ANY attention to anything you're watching or looking at.  Otherwise you'd see nudity, you'd see who is a man/woman, you'd see what happened in Sicario2, etc.

Edited by SlevinKelevra

Just now, Ozzy said:

If it does not win the action category I am going to be disappointed, sure it is action as well, but is it any less of a Science Fiction movie than freaking Children of Men or V?

I'm in agreement with you on V for Vendetta.  Dystopia does not equal science fiction.

Children of Men I'd say is more science fiction than Mad Max, yes.  I don't remember it well because I didn't thoroughly enjoy it, but I seem to recall the science of fertility and also a pandemic were focal points of the plot. 

Just now, Ozzy said:

Watch The Crying Game and tell me what you think.

1 hour ago, SlevinKelevra said:

Holy crap, ephebophile alert?!?!. Does the FBI monitor this site?  At least you didn't say Pretty Baby I guess.

Don't worry @Uncle Buck this is old material of his that has been used already before.  And who does not pay attention to detail if you think the words Pretty Baby are the same as saying, that baby of theirs was pretty dumb.

He prefers women who look like dudes in drag as the main love interest.

599full-nosferatu-screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The 1940s and Earlier Sci-Fi time period is possibly going to be the worst period in any genre here.  It is absolutely crap and I am going to nominate Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein just because of it, if Jurassic Park is Sci Fi, so are the Frankenstein movies then like I said before.  And if it makes it in, it could win by a lot because honestly what else would? 

Pretty sad to say though because it is a horror movie and to call it a Sci Fi film, but is it Science related and is it fiction, yup.   Could be a potential what #2 or #1 seed.  That would be nuts in a freaking Sci-Fi tournament.  And people say Mad Max Fury Road is not Sci-Fi, sure.  

Frankenstein is absolutely Sci-Fi.  Last I heard we aren't able to make animated living things from dead body parts.  That science is fiction.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Frankenstein is absolutely Sci-Fi.  Last I heard we aren't able to make animated living things from dead body parts.  That science is fiction.

Sure, but I consider it more a horror movie than a Sci-Fi film and it is not even close.  When have you thought, hey I want to watch a Sci-Fi film today, I will go watch Frankenstein? 

How about creature feature category, that would put Jurassic Park and King Kong etc in it as well, King Kong who some also consider a Sci-Fi film....

Does not matter though ultimately, hopefully it can kick Metropolis in the behind.  

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Jurassic Park and King Kong are completely different.

The dinosaurs are literally created by fictitious science.

That's a point I was thinking about as well.  Even in Godzilla (in a lot of iterations at least) it's typically the result of nuclear fall out or some experiment.  Every Kong I've seen is just that he was there on Skull Island.  Is there any version of King Kong where he came about because of the machinations of man, or is he always just essentially a force of nature?