Bills re-sign Spain

DER10N92

Solid move and likely the most under rated move Beane makes this year. 5 mil a year is a bargain as people were talking he would go as high as 8 mil a year. missed only a couple of snaps and did not give up a sack. Love the move. Now for the bad part is Tyler Kroft restructured his contract where he loses a year of his contract, I think this was part of getting the spain deal done. Sucks cause I was all for going big at hooper and allowing Knox to get better as years go one but this is nixed now that kroft is staying. 

33 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Solid move and likely the most under rated move Beane makes this year. 5 mil a year is a bargain as people were talking he would go as high as 8 mil a year. missed only a couple of snaps and did not give up a sack. Love the move. Now for the bad part is Tyler Kroft restructured his contract where he loses a year of his contract, I think this was part of getting the spain deal done. Sucks cause I was all for going big at hooper and allowing Knox to get better as years go one but this is nixed now that kroft is staying. 

Beane had said a few weeks ago they weren't going to be spending in the deep end of the pool this off-season. Knox will be just fine at TE1, don't think a high priced free agent would have been smart.

Kroft restructuring is interesting though. He obviously knew he was a cut candidate and now has a chance to prove himself and potentially cash in. Beane doing wizardly things with the cap and these "bad contracts" Star and Kroft had.

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Beane had said a few weeks ago they weren't going to be spending in the deep end of the pool this off-season. Knox will be just fine at TE1, don't think a high priced free agent would have been smart.

Kroft restructuring is interesting though. He obviously knew he was a cut candidate and now has a chance to prove himself and potentially cash in. Beane doing wizardly things with the cap and these "bad contracts" Star and Kroft had.

Smart not to overspend in a weak FA class for our needs. We've got guys coming up next year we need to retain and having flexibility rather than chasing the high priced guy is the right call.

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Smart not to overspend in a weak FA class for our needs. We've got guys coming up next year we need to retain and having flexibility rather than chasing the high priced guy is the right call.

Hooper is a solid player and would help out with Allen's growth. Knox had to many easy drop passes and I still think the same as I did last offseason about kroft being useless and this past year proved it. They need a safety net that Allen can count on and I thought a veteran like Hooper would be an ideal person on offense for that. Paying him this year wouldnt cause harm to resigning other guys. I do agree people will need to be extended but the amount of money they have this year that is required to be spent is a lot. 35 mil is still rolled over from 2019 season that has to be used or it is gone, then you have the amount of cap space you have in 2021 so the bills are in a good space to spend big on 1 or 2 plus retaining the important guys like the DBs and Milano. Hopefully they figure something out about the pass rusher that is my biggest concern for this team and the draft is weak at this position. Also to retain a guy like Tre now isnt always easy because he still has 2 years left on his contract and some players want to wait and see what the market is for themselves at that time compared to now, as a top corner can be 17 mil this year but 2 years from now its 20 mil a year so he may want to wait until then to get a bigger pay day. Same can be said with Hyde. Poyer Milano and Dawkins are the only realistic guys to extend now and then next year try to extend those 2.