Lions released Rick Wagner.

flyguy1609

1 hour ago, Bishop86 said:

The 5th year option for an Offensive lineman would be $11-12 mil. They could have picked it up and still had more cap space than us, with less holes to fill. I do believe Conklin is an upgrade to Wagner, but I get the argument that he is not worth top dollar. Tennessee might have seen something a PFF score might not translate. 

After paying Tannehill the franchise tag salary, they'll be at $39.2M. Henry is in line for $14M-$15M (so we'll go with $14M), leaving them with $25.2M. After paying Conkin's option ($11M) and their draft picks ($6M), they'd be left with $8.2M. That doesn't include any other re-signings or free agents.

You really want to use the Titans' decision to diminish Conklin's value, but I don't think that the two correlate. It could just be that they didn't want to invest over $50M on one position group.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

15 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Conklin has a down year last year.  That’s why they didn’t pick it up. They had to make the decision prior to this year and he bounced back showing that was the outlier year.  I’m sure they would be glad to pay the 10/11 M this year based on how he played. 

Also for reference, the Titans forum is talking about running out of time to get a deal done with either Henry or Conklin and tagging the other.  So the fans think pretty highly of him. 

35 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Does he suck? God dammit

He has been bad the last couple of years.  He didnt deserve the contract he had anymore.  Like was said above, since he doesnt have to worry about penalties being called on him anymore, he should be ok if the deal was right. 

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Well that was fast. Obviously the Packers saw enough in him to like to sign him that quickly. Here is hoping that the Packers wind up with a Mike Daniels-esque situation this year. Knowing our luck, Wagner is going to be All Pro.