"Choose your own character" GAME OVER! TOWN WINS!

Malfatron

On 3/16/2020 at 10:58 PM, Malfatron said:

vc

ksj - 7 (mwil, daboyle, vmd, forge, josh, blue, dome

josh - 3 ( rag, orca, tk3

forge - 1 (bcb

whicker - 1 (james

naz - 1 (squire

squire - 1 ( naz

dome - 1 (ksj

No Lynch - 1( md4l

blue  - 1 (matts

daboyle - 1 (whicker

On 3/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, Malfatron said:

VC:

swag - 7 ( rag, forge, blue, josh, orca, touch, bcb

naz - 3 (counselor, whicker, mwil

squire - 2 (naz, swag

matts - 1 (daboyle

THIS IS THE CORRECT VC

No James vote

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

VC:

md4l - 7 (orca, mwil, VMD, blue, daboyle, josh, rack

blue - 4 (whicker, squire, bcb, md4l

rack - 2 (forge,whicker

josh - 2( rag, tk3
squire - 1 ( nazgul

10 to lynch

No James vote

So James voted the middle day and nothing the first and 3rd. He is hiding on purpose 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:
10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

VC:

md4l - 7 (orca, mwil, VMD, blue, daboyle, josh, rack

blue - 4 (whicker, squire, bcb, md4l

rack - 2 (forge,whicker

josh - 2( rag, tk3
squire - 1 ( nazgul

10 to lynch

Md4l is lynched. writeup incoming

@The LBC why no vote though?

I won't go back and look at anything before you were here, because you replaced an inactive rookie, so I'm not holding that against you. But why no vote yesterday?

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Well, we all know who I'd hit N1/N2 if I were scum, so...I can't really take that personally.

Plus, they're in a no win situation with me. IF I'm hit, then there will be a paper trail, which if people follow it, would lead them to Rags and Rack for sure. I'm guessing there's at least 1 more after that, but that's a good start.

Throw in how my ability is meaningless, and that would be a bold play.

Scum, pop this fool and I'll give you a prize 

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

No James vote

No James vote

So James voted the middle day and nothing the first and 3rd. He is hiding on purpose 

James, The LBC, and Rack have all missed votes.

IMO that's pretty telling.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yeah, to be honest, aside from that comment, nothing else even stood out, and to be fair, sometimes it's tough when we put unrealistic expectations on other posters due to their IRL intelligence or past games. I know we make fun of him for this a lot, but SwAg is the perfect example of this. If he's not active 24/7, he gets treated with brass knuckles.

It's also one of the few reasons I'm hesitant to buy wholesale into the theory of KSJ being lawyered scum.  KSJ is one of those that we, in my experience, are prone to lazy-narrativing in the sense of "If he's actually active he's automatically suspicious, because when he's scum he's always one of those guys that just skates by religiously."  But I think a lot of people are too reliant on trying to trend previous games behaviors as being absolute indicators of current game behavior, to the detriment of often failing to actually look at and analyze current game behaviors closely.

Is whatever, I don't want to divert focus from the current game more than this post already may have.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

James, The LBC, and Rack have all missed votes.

IMO that's pretty telling.

I have a reason.  Someone else recently talked about it.

If you see it, be kind enough not to wave it around for all the world to see.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's also one of the few reasons I'm hesitant to buy wholesale into the theory of KSJ being lawyered scum.  KSJ is one of those that we, in my experience, are prone to lazy-narrativing in the sense of "If he's actually active he's automatically suspicious, because when he's scum he's always one of those guys that just skates by religiously."  But I think a lot of people are too reliant on trying to trend previous games behaviors as being absolute indicators of current game behavior, to the detriment of often failing to actually look at and analyze current game behaviors closely.

Is whatever, I don't want to divert focus from the current game more than this post already may have.

I totally understand and this is very fair in regards to KSJ. TBH, whether he was lawyered or not (and we haven't seen a surefire indicator, so there's no reason to go back down that road right now, albeit if it were to happen later on one way or the other then yes).

The only game that I've ever played with you to my knowledge is Marvel when I was scum, and you had like 3 out of 5 of us dead to rights within the first day or so. I'd love to see your thoughts on things so far/who you believe to be scum and why. You IMO have shown at least in that game that you are a solid player.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

But when you combine previous metas with current game analysis you tend to up the success rate substantially

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

@MWil23

What are your thoughts on Blue and KSJ, 

Here are my thoughts on Blue:

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Blue

Am I reading too much into that above? Any thoughts on this?

TBH, I don't see Blue putting "I'm going to kill Counselor" in there AND MD4L, and when Rack flips scum too (because, I mean, come on, right?), you mean to tell me he'd use that method? I don't buy it.

As for KSJ, I truly believe that he's lawyered scum based upon who I believe Blue to be, or at the very least that he lied about his night move on Blue to just avoid a lynch. He came in almost immediately after Touch mentioned a SK, was clearly unnerved, and we know that scum would want the SK gone ASAP. I think he came across as scared scum looking for a third party. It's also KSJ, so it's hard to say. That's where I lean though. I'd be SHOCKED if Blue was scum...outing at least 1 and likely 2 scum members (MD4L and Rack) and telegraphing a hit on Counselor, which is begging for a block, watch, or track...and yet nothing? I don't buy it.

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

But when you combine previous metas with current game analysis you tend to up the success rate substantially

Simple metas sure, but my point is that we tend to make the assumption (as MWil had pointed out) that some/certain players aren't very smart - which tends to lead to people lazily believing that folks can't be aware of their meta, change things up, or use the fact that we're aware of their meta to lead us along.  TLDR version: Mafia games are chess, not checkers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Simple metas sure, but my point is that we tend to make the assumption (as MWil had pointed out) that some/certain players aren't very smart - which tends to lead to people lazily believing that folks can't be aware of their meta, change things up, or use the fact that we're aware of their meta to lead us along.  TLDR version: Mafia games are chess, not checkers.

100%. I actually do this a lot lmao

Sweet Jodelle is a change of pace for me. I think my reads overall have faltered while trying to be nice though 

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Here are my thoughts on Blue:

As for KSJ, I truly believe that he's lawyered scum based upon who I believe Blue to be, or at the very least that he lied about his night move on Blue to just avoid a lynch. He came in almost immediately after Touch mentioned a SK, was clearly unnerved, and we know that scum would want the SK gone ASAP. I think he came across as scared scum looking for a third party. It's also KSJ, so it's hard to say. That's where I lean though. I'd be SHOCKED if Blue was scum...outing at least 1 and likely 2 scum members (MD4L and Rack) and telegraphing a hit on Counselor, which is begging for a block, watch, or track...and yet nothing? I don't buy it.

We shall see on Blue. He better be town