"Choose your own character" GAME OVER! TOWN WINS!

Malfatron

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's killing activity which is anti-town behavior.

So is giving your only vote away to a stranger, but here we are.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

(And you wonder why I question your reads...)

To be fair you really only gave one example, and couldn't even be sure what game it was. So you might not know why you question my reads either.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

So is giving your only vote away to a stranger, but here we are.

To be fair you really only gave one example, and couldn't even be sure what game it was. So you might not know why you question my reads either.

So tell me how else I'm supposed to respond to a prompt from the host that I "must" choose a player to receive my vote on the following day?  Not may, "must."

1 hour ago, James said:

Telling you really defeats the purpose. Was hoping you'd have telegraphed your n2 hit so that I could verify that you were the one performing the hit. At this point I think we have to trust you, but hitting an other to gain town's trust seems like your type of mafia play.

1 hour ago, James said:

Hmm. So in hindsight I actually should've just watched pickle n1.

Point remains. I don't think I'm very valuable unless there's a telegraphed (presumably mafia) night move.

why didn't you watch pickle n1?

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

How so?

Have you ever gotten into a back-and-forth in-thread with a scum teammate on Day 1 because you know Town will just tune you both out and assume you're loudmouthed, obnoxious Townies? Because I have, and it worked beautifully.

Worst case, even if they aren't Mafia, at least one of them has claimed non-Town. If you believe Squire, then Nazgul's goal in this game is to eliminate a Townie, which is decidedly an anti-Town move. If you don't believe Squire...well, your target for tonight should be an easy choice. Regardless, we don't want any X factors in late-game that might defect to Mafia (given we don't know what any of their win conditions are).

I am aware that you are probably SK and therefore one of those wild cards, but I also don't want to be murdered, sooooooo...friends?

Just now, The LBC said:

So tell me how else I'm supposed to respond to a prompt from the host that I "must" choose a player to receive my vote on the following day?  Not may, "must."

No u.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Have you ever gotten into a back-and-forth in-thread with a scum teammate on Day 1 because you know Town will just tune you both out and assume you're loudmouthed, obnoxious Townies? Because I have, and it worked beautifully.

Worst case, even if they aren't Mafia, at least one of them has claimed non-Town. If you believe Squire, then Nazgul's goal in this game is to eliminate a Townie, which is decidedly an anti-Town move. If you don't believe Squire...well, your target for tonight should be an easy choice. Regardless, we don't want any X factors in late-game that might defect to Mafia (given we don't know what any of their win conditions are).

I am aware that you are probably SK and therefore one of those wild cards, but I also don't want to be murdered, sooooooo...friends?

It's this theory that always gets me lynched as town because ET tunnels on me for stupid reasons and is never right.

Just now, Blue said:

I actually have.... @The Orca eluded to it earlier this game.

squire, matts and I agreed to try to bus each other day 1... squire ended up bringing us the win. worked beautifully.

but we didn't make any claims IIRC, just general tunneling and bickering. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

They both claimed they need to get the other lynched to win.

Squire asked us to lynch naz and later wanted me to shoot naz (he liked my post when I said I'd kill naz), naz claims squire has to be lynched for him to win.

When I asked squire why he wanted me to shoot naz, he ghosted and never replied IIRC.