Falcons Resign DT Tyeler Davison 3 yrs 12 mil 4.5 guaranteed

FalconFan13

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Good for Tyeler, liked him when he was with us. 

Agreed i noticed him more often than not when he played for yall against us.  Im always glad to see the underrated hard working guys get taken care of at times when they earn it more than some bigger name guys just based on where they were drafted and name value.  I think him and Grady came from the same draft and were only picked like 15 or 20 picks apart from each other as well.   They were possibly taken as the 2 DT's right after each other.  Might have been 1 in between them but they were considered similar values coming out.

Edited by FalconFan13

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Don't know much about him. I know about the other DT Grady Jarrett who is a beast.

Does this mean Atlanta will just focus on OLB/DE in the first round now?

Nah we still have a need at DT as we still need 2 more of them and Davison where as he is solid is more of a run stuffer rotational guy.  If we can get a legit high potential guy in rounds 1 and 2 then we need to do so.  Kinlaw and Brown are still easily in play in round 1 and  guys like Gallimore, Blaylock, Leki etc..  are all still in play and hopefully taken in rounds 2 or 3.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nah we still have a need at DT as we still need 2 more of them and Davison where as he is solid is more of a run stuffer rotational guy.  If we can get a legit high potential guy in rounds 1 and 2 then we need to do so.  Kinlaw and Brown are still easily in play in round 1 and  guys like Gallimore, Blaylock, Leki etc..  are all still in play and hopefully taken in rounds 2 or 3.

I don't know if the team will view it that way, tbh. Maybe more of a pass rushing DT than a big dude. Fotu was my hope to replace Davison because I thought Davison while solid was replaceable with Senat in the same role. Senat must be in some kind of dog house.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't know if the team will view it that way, tbh. Maybe more of a pass rushing DT than a big dude. Fotu was my hope to replace Davison because I thought Davison while solid was replaceable with Senat in the same role. Senat must be in some kind of dog house.

Im actually worried for Seant right now with all these cuts being made lol.  I thought he looked pretty good his rookie year and was pumped for him getting even better last year but as you said someone in there don't like that man.  Im also not against a pass rushing DT like a Grady clone to add to the line.  Theirs plenty of good ones in this draft that can be had just maybe not Fotu anymore lol.  But still alot of other 1st or 2nd round guys to look at.   Now with that said with us cutting Trufant which i didn't expect at this year and us also cutting Stocker you might see me change my list of needs up a but and be more open to a CB and TE earlier than i originally was.  Will have to see what were gonna do in FA at some of these positions but im not gonna blast on people giving us certain positions as much i didn't feel we needed before these cuts happened.