The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

Courtland Sutton has great size. Commentators were saying when he has faced upper level talent his stats declined considerably. I believe they said in 3 games against better talent he only had a total of 7 receptions in those 3 games. I know that’s no just a reflection on him but on the QB and team as well. Seems very talented, but not a slam dunk. 

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Courtland Sutton has great size. Commentators were saying when he has faced upper level talent his stats declined considerably. I believe they said in 3 games against better talent he only had a total of 7 receptions in those 3 games. I know that’s no just a reflection on him but on the QB and team as well. Seems very talented, but not a slam dunk. 

I would be so disappointed if this team picked a receiver in the first round. 

I feel the same way about selecting a WR in the first round of the draft. 

Depending on what happens with Kirk, I think QB or DL for me should be the first round choice. I know people in this forum want a RB, IMO I think you can get a quality RB later in the draft than you can a quality DL. 

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I feel the same way about selecting a WR in the first round of the draft. 

Depending on what happens with Kirk, I think QB or DL for me should be the first round choice. I know people in this forum want a RB, IMO I think you can get a quality RB later in the draft than you can a quality DL. 

Sure, we can get a “quality” RB later in the draft easier than a quality DL - Ioannidis says hey -  but the Redskins haven’t had an elite back since Portis. It’s time to get that kind of player at RB if a guy like Guice is available in round 1 when we pick. 

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, we can get a “quality” RB later in the draft easier than a quality DL - Ioannidis says hey -  but the Redskins haven’t had an elite back since Portis. It’s time to get that kind of player at RB if a guy like Guice is available in round 1 when we pick. 

I'm fine with that. The impact someone like Zeke, Gurley, Ingram or Gordon has on a team is outrageous. The cowboys are basically a below .500 team without Zeke. With him they're one of the best teams in the league. 

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Along with a talented RB, you need a offensive line that will open up holes for that RB and also a offensive game plan that will establish the run. Right now we don’t have either. Guice is a nice player but can he hold up being the bell cow with 20-25 touches a game. 

We also have to commit to the run, if not a running back and OL can’t get in rhythm. Both need to do better, it’s like they couldn’t get on the same page some games. Some plays the RB missed holes, sometimes OL missed blocks, or mostly it was TE who couldn’t hold a block on the edge or a WR didn’t block.

I definitely think Guice can carry the rock 20-25 times a game, most backs Can unless they’re under 190 pounds.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We also have to commit to the run, if not a running back and OL can’t get in rhythm. Both need to do better, it’s like they couldn’t get on the same page some games. Some plays the RB missed jokes, sometimes OL missed blocks, or mostly it was TE who couldn’t hold a block on the edge or a WR didn’t block.

I definitely think Guice can carry the rock 20-25 times a game, most backs Can unless they’re under 190 pounds.

This teams OL has shown they can run block in the few games we stuck with it early and often. And we have done it against good defenses. I’m okay with this teams sucsess going through our RB’s. Have Chris Thompson be your Kamara type and get a back your going to give 20 carries too each week. I like Perine but I wouldn’t pass on a workhorse back. I go in this draft with DL ILB or RB as my ideal picks. But in reality we need a player that fits the exact mold of what this staff wants because we need something special this year.

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Good lord Josh Allen...his draft stock is SKYROCKETING with the performance he is putting up in this bowl game. Guy is gonna be a top 10er.

Maybe, he’s not exactly playing a good defense but it is good to see him play better. I also heard that he had been battling a sprained knee or something during the season so I’m sure that affected his performance during the regular season.

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Good lord Josh Allen...his draft stock is SKYROCKETING with the performance he is putting up in this bowl game. Guy is gonna be a top 10er.

I think he's going to be the best of the bunch. That's been my guy. We won't get a shot at him though because we decided to win meaningless games with a QB who's going to walk away. Yay

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think he's going to be the best of the bunch. That's been my guy. We won't get a shot at him though because we decided to win meaningless games with a QB who's going to walk away. Yay

I still think Darnold is the best. He just seems to have it all. He’s got a bit of the Brett Favre magic to him too. 

Archived