The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

If the Redskins don’t take a wr early, taking David Sills in the mid to late rounds would be a good selection. He’s a possession wr who’s athletic like Doc and Can go up and make contested catches.

Has he declared?

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Because there's a chance all 4 of those guys are gone by the early 2nd round. Especially Smith, guy is a monster and a 1st round lock.

Maybe, maybe not, I used Drafttek. At this point it’s everyones guess. Michel will be hurt some because he’s the #2 back behind Chubb. If he feels like betting on himself, Michel could go back to school next year and he’d probably end up the top running back in the 2019 draft.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, maybe not, I used Drafttek. At this point it’s everyones guess. Michel will be hurt some because he’s the #2 back behind Chubb. If he feels like betting on himself, Michel could go back to school next year and he’d probably end up the top running back in the 2019 draft.

I'd love to come away from this draft with Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson or Bryce Love. Im also curious to see how Perine ends the season. He's really been running great these last three weeks. I actually thought he did decent for the few carries he got against Dallas. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Smith is going in the first and Michel is probably gone mid-second. And I just have zero interest in Mason Rudolph. I honestly would much rather take Mayfield or Allen. 

Maybe they will, but there’s no way to know that for sure. We go through this stuff every year, not all the juniors and redshirt sophomores have even declared yet. It’s too early to know exactly where Smith and Michel will get drafted.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'd love to come away from this draft with Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson or Bryce Love. Im also curious to see how Perine ends the season. He's really been running great these last three weeks. I actually thought he did decent for the few carries he got against Dallas. 

Me too. He was having a good game vs Dallas before he got his head injury and had to miss a quarter or more. The game changed a bit when we lost him because Marshall is more a wr, he played wr in college. If Perine has a few more 100 yard games this year we may wait to take a rb in rounds 3-5 again. I think they’ll re-sign Byron Marshall in the offseason, Kelley may have played his last game in a Redskins uniform.

21 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Alex Smith has a better back a healthy OL and a game changing WR. And if you put Kirk there I believe the chiefs are on their way to a SB with Andy Ried Cousins would be amazing with that team.

Lol let's not overrate Kirk cousins .

He's had maybe 2-3 good games this year 49ers/saints /and raiders 

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

S. Perine has done well and with a make shift offensive line. Remember he was a fourth round pick and not a no brainer. Sometimes we give up too early on players. Let’s see how he does the rest of the year with that sub par o-line and hopefully have something in a rb. 

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol let's not overrate Kirk cousins .

He's had maybe 2-3 good games this year 49ers/saints /and raiders 

I don’t over rate Kirk. I’m very harsh on his mistakes and lapses when they are his fault. But I’ve seen a guy play lights out behind a healthy OL. And I’ve seen him hang in there and make off schedule plays behind our broken OL. He’s not perfect but you can’t tell me you thought Alex Smith was the better QB when we played. Alex is completely dependent on the talent around him to make plays. I’ve seen Kirk drive the field year after year while our RBs can’t gain 4 yards on 3 plays. WR’s trip when open etc... Alex has had the luxury of a top 5 defense and has how many playoff wins? He’s had Gore, Charles, and Hunt at RB. He’s had Vernon Davis and Kelsey at TE. In San Fran they had a top OL. What has Kirk had? Reed on the Injury report. Name one RB. He did have two solid pass catchers. Neither of which had the impact of a Davis and Kelsey.  And we’ve had a top 25 defense lol. Kirk is far better. The only way I’m okay with losing Kirk is if he goes to Cleveland or some dumpster team for something crazy where I can say it was all about the money. We are a lot better then I think we are a more talented team then we as fans thought we were coming into the year.

im not over praising Kirk. I genuinely believe we can win a title with him and a few bounces going this teams way for once

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

S. Perine has done well and with a make shift offensive line. Remember he was a fourth round pick and not a no brainer. Sometimes we give up too early on players. Let’s see how he does the rest of the year with that sub par o-line and hopefully have something in a rb. 

Bryce Love would be awesome here but that said I do think Perine is setting himself up to keep the job. If the value is there I’d take love but if we keep losing I think the best value will be Wilkins or Payne or Vita round 1

Archived