The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think Kirk is going to leave

I agree with Lavar on Quenton Nelson or Daron Payne. 

2nd round 

Clayton Thorson. (Which I’ve said previously)

3rd round

Ross Pierschbacker OG/Ala if we draft Daron Payne

Lowell Lutuleilei DT/Utah if we draft Quenton Nelson OG/ND

If Kirk is truly gone, we’ll take a qb in round 1 probably Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen. Gruden will start Colt Mccoy and develop our rookie to begin the season. If Mccoy struggles, at some point he’ll be replaced by our rookie like Mike Glennon was replaced by Trubinsky. 

Then round 2 take BPA who is a ILB, DL, RB, WR and then take whichever one we didn’t take in round 2 in round 3 and 4. BPA no mstrer the position in round 5-7.

if Kirk is gone Mock:

1. Mason Rudolph, Qb, Oklahoma State 

2. Vita Vea, NT, Washington 

3. Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 

4. Sony Michel, RB, Georgia 

On 12/6/2017 at 6:24 AM, turtle28 said:

we already have a qb on our roster who is 4 years younger than Smith and putting up similar stats with most of his weapons and starting OL being hurt parts of the year. Alex Smith has been lucky to have a great running game and have his playmakers and OL stay health. He hasn't had to deal with 22 OL combinations, no running game and his top 3 offensive passing weapons and starting running back dealing with injuries. And, despite all that, Kirk is still putting up great numbers.

If any of you think Kirk is doing better than alex smith this season than idk what to say

who has a more winning record

who has more consistent games

whos been more clutch in big game situations 

who been less of a turn over machine 

who manages the game better

i don't even want smith here I don't want Kirk here . I wanna build this team even further and use Kirk money on a few pieces . I'm willing to risk us drafting a qb and see where it goes .

ive given up on Kirk cousins I was his fan but like rg3 I can tell you he isn't our guy he's inconsistent and he's money first he isn't a true a redskins , if he could he be in SF right now .

thats facts I want a qb with a big arm and has elite prospect written all over him .

i don't want an avg prospect qb 

I understand not everything is Kirk fault but for his price range we can sign two elite players that can make a difference .

idc whatyou say about the Dallas game there D isn't good at all they have 3 good players and one of them ( Sean lee ) wasn't playing and he struggled all game . It isn't all on the OL let's cut the crap week after week he Misses guys he isn't what he was the past two years .

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Kirk is truly gone, we’ll take a qb in round 1 probably Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen. Gruden will start Colt Mccoy and develop our rookie to begin the season. If Mccoy struggles, at some point he’ll be replaced by our rookie like Mike Glennon was replaced by Trubinsky. 

Then round 2 take BPA who is a ILB, DL, RB, WR and then take whichever one we didn’t take in round 2 in round 3 and 4. BPA no mstrer the position in round 5-7.

if Kirk is gone Mock:

Im fine with this and Kirk isn't coming back dude ... he having a worst season than last year and y'all expect Allen to up his offer lol? Again look who's avalible in free agency maybe - Brees-Smith-Eli Manning - Tyrod Taylor - Bridgewater - and Sam Bradford or Keenum . 

I would take Kirk over all of them other than Brees but contract wise if Taylor was a lot cheaper or Keenum than I'd sign one of them and focus more on our DL and finding a WR.

Now before I say this... I want it to be known I root for us to win every game no matter what and I don't believe in tanking. However, with that being said, losing these next three games would really help out our draft position. We are sitting at 5-7 and play Chargers (6-6), Cardinals (5-7), Broncos (3-9). All teams we could possibly draft ahead of by losing to them, maybe even the giants in the last game to if they put together a couple wins at (2-10). So having pointed that out, I hope we win but now if we lose I will not be as angry as normal. 

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

If any of you think Kirk is doing better than alex smith this season than idk what to say

who has a more winning record

who has more consistent games

whos been more clutch in big game situations 

who been less of a turn over machine 

who manages the game better

i don't even want smith here I don't want Kirk here . I wanna build this team even further and use Kirk money on a few pieces . I'm willing to risk us drafting a qb and see where it goes .

ive given up on Kirk cousins I was his fan but like rg3 I can tell you he isn't our guy he's inconsistent and he's money first he isn't a true a redskins , if he could he be in SF right now .

thats facts I want a qb with a big arm and has elite prospect written all over him .

i don't want an avg prospect qb 

Alex Smith has a better back a healthy OL and a game changing WR. And if you put Kirk there I believe the chiefs are on their way to a SB with Andy Ried Cousins would be amazing with that team.

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And if you put Kirk there I believe the chiefs are on their way to a SB with Andy Ried Cousins would be amazing with that team.

I'd agree with this. I think Kirk is the better player.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Is this in order of who you like the best, or the round you want them in?

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I get worried Rudolph is just another Robinson or Weeden from that system.

It’s the same system a lot of Qbs are coming out of now a days because very few teams run a Pro style offense. Rudolph will need some development because the route concepts they run in the Ok St offense are simple but with given his size and arm strength he has potential to develop into a franchise qb within a few years.

Any qb we are going to take in this draft but Rosen or Darnold is going to have the same issues that Rudolph or Allen would have, like if we took Jared Stindhum (Auburn), Thornson (Northwestern) or Drew Lock (Missouri) in round 2, they all come from the spread and Allen comes from Wyoming so he’s playing against lesser competition. They’re going to need time to develop.

One option which probably makes more sense for Jay Gruden’s offense than any of those guys in round 2 (other than Rosen or Darnold) is:

Luke Falk, QB, Washington State  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.79. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-4. 

12/7/17: Falk has completed 67 percent of his passes this season for 3,593 yards with 30 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Some team sources are intrigued with Falk as they like his pocket-passing potential and accuracy. 

In speaking with scouts, they say that Falk has an above-average arm. While his accuracy is his best strength, he does have issues seeing coverage and will throw into it. The same sources also label Falk as a thin-framed player who will need to add weight for the NFL.

Additionally, Falk lacks escapability and mobility, but sources compared him to Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz50cIqpqZl
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#z6piT8dABvH1ADY9.99

Archived