The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I suspect they'll trade down in the first or second to acquire a third round pick. I really think the Bills two first round picks are in play if Josh Allen or Mayfield are still on the board. Guice and Settle would be a decent haul in the first round.

Sam Darnold vs Josh Allen for #1 overall. Hard to see either of those lasting past the top 3 picks. Next will be Mayfield and maybe Rosen is left at 13. I think we'll see all 4 go in the top 12 with probably 1-3 busts. Lamar Jackson is a true wildcard, so I suppose there's that to consider. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s better if we take BPA in round 1 whomever that is and then trade back in round 2 to get a 3rd round pick.

I agree that the Bills two first round picks may be in play, the issue I have is moving back 8 spots and missing one of the players all of us covet.

You can't say no to two first round picks being scared of the talent we'd lose out on. Two first round picks plus our second would go a long way to fixing this team.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You can't say no to two first round picks being scared of the talent we'd lose out on. Two first round picks plus our second would go a long way to fixing this team.

I read here that Daniel Snyder is the owner, and not going anywhere, so it doesn't matter how many first rounders are in the team's pocket. 

So.. forever doomed or no doomed? 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sure you can, just like you’d trade up and give up picks because you love a player - I.E. Bills - if the Redskins Love a player at 13 they should take them.

Here’s the perfect example. Last year, Allen fell to us at 17. You didn’t see the Redskins trading back and out of that spot for anything because we wanted Allen and were floored he was still available. We weren’t trading out of the spot. Same thing happened in 09 with Orakpo. We basically sprinted the card to the podium in each case.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I read here that Daniel Snyder is the owner, and not going anywhere, so it doesn't matter how many first rounders are in the team's pocket. 

giphy.gif

So far we've been "forever doomed". If you can luck into a good player then you have a chance, even with a bad owner. Similar to the Colts with Manning and then Luck. Irsay is an idiot and a horrible owner who lucked into two great QBs and that gives them a chance. 

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I want to trade back .

Probably would be the best case scenario, if the value received is appropriate. Got to figure Washington will have 5? 7? prospects on their #13 short list. If those options are off the board, trading back makes sense to me. There seems to be a lot of currently projected options I like in the 20-50 range of this draft. Maybe they'll feel the same. I don't see very many realistic options at #13 that I'd consider must-have.

They got themselves JUST into elite prospect territory at 13 (see below), so I'm not okay with a trade.

4 QBs - Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen/Jackson 
1 RB - Barkley
1 DE - Chubb
3 DB - Fitzpatrick, James, Ward
1 OG - Nelson
1 ILB - Edmunds
1 OLB - Davenport
1 NT - Vea
1 UT - Hurst

I could see Jackson as the fourth QB in the top 12 instead of Rosen who I suspect doesn't have the leadership intangibles to go with an inferior arm.
Other than medical, I have a hard time seeing these guys drop from their current status'. 

We saw what trading down in 2011 did with a deep draft. Arguably, they landed inside the elite prospects of that draft, but there was a drop down after Watt. I don't think there's a second top tier like there was in 2011. Like that draft, they will be helped by 4-5 QBs going in the picks before them.

You're in the realm of instant impact starters. Nelson would push the healthy OL to elite and the DBs would transform the secondary (especially if Moreau is ready to start). Vea anchoring the defense may be the missing piece to a top 5 defense or Edmunds' cover ability.

No, third round pick....oh well. They have some money to spend. They need to start with getting players better than Ryan Anderson with second round picks. 
Get an elite first round talent and hit a home run in the second round. That should be how this works. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Probably would be the best case scenario, if the value received is appropriate. Got to figure Washington will have 5? 7? prospects on their #13 short list. If those options are off the board, trading back makes sense to me. There seems to be a lot of currently projected options I like in the 20-50 range of this draft. Maybe they'll feel the same. I don't see very many realistic options at #13 that I'd consider must-have.

It’s possible, but I highly doubt that all 5 players the redskins should be targeting at 13 will be off the board.

17 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Oh there's hope. There's also the knowledge that they almost invariably will eff it up should fortune fall into their laps. Maybe not in the draft, but down the line, it's a near guarantee they'll botch it.

8 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Is this type of response really acceptable at FF nowadays? 

Fine with me, but if the gloves are to be off, I'm good with that. 

Knowing @Jeezy, I’m sure he’s joking. Most of the time he’s being highly sarcastic.

Speaking of Jeezy he’s playing at the Fillmore in Silver Spring next week.

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh there's hope. There's also the knowledge that they almost invariably will eff it up should fortune fall into their laps. Maybe not in the draft, but down the line, it's a near guarantee they'll botch it.

Agreed Woz, it happens every year, imo

Archived