The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Any relation to Rocky?

I never saw thought about that before. I don’t think he is, I just read a profile on him and he as a brother Deon but didn’t see anything about Rocky.

He’s 6’4, 293. Perfect size for a 5-technique. He’s probably going to go in round 3 or 4. He needs some strength work but he’s athletic for his size. If he gets stronger and puts on 10 pounds, he could be one heck of a player.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/r.j.-mcintosh?id=2560225

Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US

"Should have stayed in. He needs to keep growing into his frame and get a lot stronger. You don't want to come out until you know you're ready to do battle against grown men and I don't think he's there yet." -- AFC Director of Scouting

NFL COMPARISON

Mario Edwards

BOTTOM LINE

Athletic defensive tackle with the speed and quickness to make impact plays, but the lack of core strength to give up big plays against the run. McIntosh has developmental potential to work with and should take a big step forward once he learns to work his hands as a pass rusher. While he has disruptive potential, he has to get his play strength to a functional level in order to hold up as an every-down player. While teams will likely view him as a defensive tackle, McIntosh could fit as a base 4-3 end with the ability to reduce inside on passing downs. 
-Lance Zierlein

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok, I saw where drafttek had him listed as a 3-tech. I honestly haven’t seen him play that much. If he’s a solid run stuffer I’m all for that!

Check this link out on Nnadi, turtle28

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-fsus-derrick-nnadi-a-true-run-stopper

Some had expectations he’d be able to elevate his draft stock to that of a first-round prospect during the 2017 season, but this never fully came to fruition. His run-defense numbers were comparable to last year, as his run-defense grade of 86.6 ranked eighth among 2018 draft prospects. However, he failed to improve as a pass-rusher, posting just four sacks and 23 total pressures to go with a 76.0 grade in the category, which ranked just 113th in the country.

With 1,741 snaps played over the course of four college seasons and little progression in his play over the past three, there could be real concern about his translation to the next level. Last spring, he measured just over 6-foot and at 312-pounds, which is considered undersized for a true 0-tech nose tackle, and the NFL in recent years has devalued 2-down run defenders that lack the athleticism to consistently rush the passer.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Running backs are up next at the combine! I haven’t been this excited in a long time to see some prospects! Probably since 2012 with the Qbs.

Same here. I was honestly bored to death of the OL stuff. Now, it gets fun.

The big guys were heating things up with the chase drills and a few showed they like contact which was impressive 1325068350_polar_bear_fight.gif

Lots of standing around thiugh

vqN29M.gif 

Really enjoyed seeing some smaller guys have some jumps 

tenor.gif

Although some were exposed 

f99.gif

My favorite was the real speed 

giphy.gif

Cold in Indy but no reason skill can’t be highlighted

giphy.gif

I am seeing some stand up performances 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

It's my #1 right now. And I don't usually think this way.

Yeah, I’ve always been more of a fan of his than most. I read the reason he had a down year compared to past years and looked slower was because he was battling an injury.

I’d love to get him

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They just said on the radio Saquon Barkley measured 6'0" 233 lbs, ran a 4.41 official 40 time and did 29 reps of 225 lbs in the bench press.  Holy crap. 

So you’re telling me there no chance he falls to us at 13???

the Browns should take him #1 and a qb #4. They’d be foolish if they pass on him.

Chubb 4.53 is good for him at 227 pounds.  I like that too.

Hines from Nc St ran a 4.39, he’s 5’8.5 & 198 pounds. A little bigger version of Chris Thompson. They said he runs wr routes too. Sounds like he could be a faster version of Crowder too and a mix between Thomson & Crowder.

Looks like Ronald Jones pulled his hammy. 

Archived