The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

4.43 for DJ Moore and 4.44 for Calvin Ridley.

Lazard’s best time was 4.55 at 6’4, 225.

Jaleen Scott is 6’5 and just ran a 5.58.

Equantimeous St. Brown from Notre Dame who is 6’5, 215 just ran a 4.48.

Courtland Sutton just ran a 4.55, Mayock compares him to Alshon Jeffery in size and speed.

James Washington ran a 4.54, steve smith said he’s a bowling ball and plays faster and better in game than what he will test. I think he’s a Garçon type wr. He’s not a burner, but is tough after the catch and a great competitor on the field.

No thanks on Washington,Dont want a speed WR with a pedestrian 40.St Brown is very intriguing though

20 minutes ago, TKellion said:

No thanks on Washington,Dont want a speed WR with a pedestrian 40.St Brown is very intriguing though

Washington is more a physical wr, like Garcon or Anquon Boldin than a speedster.

Kyle Lauretta, QB from Richmond and Mike White, qb from Western KY both looked good today. I know many had been thinking about them in the 4th or 5th round to develop behind Smith and McCoy. They showed a video of White answering a question from Mayock at tge senior bowl about route concepts and reads depending on the coverage he saw and he ran through 4 scenarios in about a minute, it was really impressive. I’ll see if I can find the video for you all to see.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Kyle Lauretta, QB from Richmond and Mike White, qb from Western KY both looked good today. I know many had been thinking about them in the 4th or 5th round to develop behind Smith and McCoy. They showed a video of White answering a question from Mayock at tge senior bowl about route concepts and reads depending on the coverage he saw and he ran through 4 scenarios in about a minute, it was really impressive. I’ll see if I can find the video for you all to see.

I know I talked a bit about White before the college postseason. Getting him later on would be good.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Shaquem Griffin did 20 reps on the bench press. In case you don’t know, he has one arm with band syndrome and doesn’t have one hand. He used a prosthetic on his left arm to grip the bar so he could to do it. 

Came here to post about that. He’s so amazing. 

I bet there are about 25 or more teams out there who would love to get him in the 6th or 7th. I don’t know if he’ll be able to play in the NFL — we’ll probably know a lot more about that after he does the rest of his drills tomorrow — but I’d much rather take a chance on someone like him than a more talented/gifted player who takes it all for granted. No one is ever going to outwork or out-effort Shaquem Griffin.

Archived