The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

Malik Jefferson with a 4.53 & 4.58. DJ & Mayock are saying he should play as a WLB and not inside or strong side.

Roquan Smith has hamstring tightness and will miss the rest of the day. Sad that both him an Vea tweaked their hammy. :(

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

Came here to post about that. He’s so amazing. 

I bet there are about 25 or more teams out there who would love to get him in the 6th or 7th. I don’t know if he’ll be able to play in the NFL — we’ll probably know a lot more about that after he does the rest of his drills tomorrow — but I’d much rather take a chance on someone like him than a more talented/gifted player who takes it all for granted. No one is ever going to outwork or out-effort Shaquem Griffin.

I guess he saw this post and added me to his list of people to prove wrong. The 6th or 7th round are way in his rearview after that sensational 40 time he just threw down. 

Vea and Payne are both absolute juggernauts. I don’t know that we can afford to leave this draft without one of them. 

Skins FO shouldn't overthink this. Unless they are able to trade back and get some more picks, the first two selections should look like this:

1. Best D available (Vea/Payne/Smith/James)

2. Best RB (Guice, Michel, Jones, Chubb, Johnson)

Im really pretty sold on the idea of going DL in round 1. Build a line that can dominate and win the line of scrimmage and then you have the option of saving some money on Brown because you’ve made a line that’s going to make it a lot easier for an average LB to clean everything up.

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Skins FO shouldn't overthink this. Unless they are able to trade back and get some more picks, the first two selections should look like this:

Im in love with Michel , I can see redskins falling for him.

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I don't see anything special about Payne . He's gonna be a late first or early second rounder . He can't take on double teams and he doesn't look dominate . His last few games looked good but I feel as if Veta will be more of a factor .

Thats my two cent .

Personally I don’t want to trade back because I feel Payne’s value to this team would be too high. There is a lot of talent on the DL and ILB positions we could really turn this defense around in this draft. I really like the RB from SD state. That guy would be a huge upgrade for this team. Personally I’m happy we’re gonna give Cravens a chance if that’s really the plan. Try and get value from that pick and make that draft class become valuable with some late bloomers with he and Doctson

16 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Exactly where my head is at. Although, if they chose to go Guard over RB in round 2 I'm cool with that too. Both Guard and RBs are loaded in talent this year, both are needs for us. We need to address at least one of them in the draft. 

14 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Very cool to know everyone in here is friendly and not bashing each other . We should continue this with the other threads as we are a brotherhood .

while a great thought probably that I agree with

Image result for not gonna happen gif

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Exactly where my head is at. Although, if they chose to go Guard over RB in round 2 I'm cool with that too. Both Guard and RBs are loaded in talent this year, both are needs for us. We need to address at least one of them in the draft. 

I think a center and guard are needed . I would be happy if we draft a guard and a center .

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Personally I don’t want to trade back because I feel Payne’s value to this team would be too high. There is a lot of talent on the DL and ILB positions we could really turn this defense around in this draft. I really like the RB from SD state. That guy would be a huge upgrade for this team. Personally I’m happy we’re gonna give Cravens a chance if that’s really the plan. Try and get value from that pick and make that draft class become valuable with some late bloomers with he and Doctson

Depends on how free agency turns out to . If we sign Poe or Logan than skins could look into trading back for sure . Still good defensive line prospects around.

Archived