Lions sign CB Desmond Trufant (2 years, $21 M)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

It's not real though. Detroit offers a fat multi-year contract extension and there's no doubt dude is signing.

Oh, it's real. They traded Q. Diggs for a 5th-7th rd pick swap for the same thing - questioning Patricia. They're not offering him crap. He's gone. And if they get a 2nd, they're lucky

15 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Oh, it's real. They traded Q. Diggs for a 5th-7th rd pick swap for the same thing - questioning Patricia. They're not offering him crap. He's gone. And if they get a 2nd, they're lucky

Diggs doesn't really have any relevance to Slay.

Slay wants a raise and has been pretty transparent that he'll play for anyone that gives it to him, including the Lions.

11 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Diggs doesn't really have any relevance to Slay.

Slay wants a raise and has been pretty transparent that he'll play for anyone that gives it to him, including the Lions.

Oh I'm not denying that he'd probably re-sign if they gave him the right deal

But they won't. They will trade him. Patricia thinks he's Belichick and won't take any backtalk. That's the relevance

Just now, Superduperman said:

Oh I'm not denying that he'd probably re-sign if they gave him the right deal

But they won't. They will trade him. Patricia thinks he's Belichick and won't take any backtalk. That's the relevance

I don't know, 29 year old CB under contract wants a top 3 CB money extension.

I think it has more to do with asset allocation than backtalk.

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I don't know, 29 year old CB under contract wants a top 3 CB money extension.

I think it has more to do with asset allocation than backtalk.

Raiders want him so trade him for #19 pick. Seems like there may be 2 teams that are hot after Slay in Philly and Raiders. Let the bidding begin!

5 minutes ago, BZski said:

Raiders want him so trade him for #19 pick. Seems like there may be 2 teams that are hot after Slay in Philly and Raiders. Let the bidding begin!

I am one of the few who is skeptical of a Slay trade for the Raiders. His age and soon to be big contract scare me.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am one of the few who is skeptical of a Slay trade for the Raiders. His age and soon to be big contract scare me.

I dont think the Raiders have enough to get him. They have 2 1sts (which I doubt they would trade one for Slay) but they dont have a 2nd rd pick and I think it will take a 2nd rd pick to get a deal done.

Just now, BZski said:

I dont think the Raiders have enough to get him. They have 2 1sts (which I doubt they would trade one for Slay) but they dont have a 2nd rd pick and I think it will take a 2nd rd pick to get a deal done.

We have 3 3rds though and Gabe Jackson. Still hope we don't do it.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We have 3 3rds though and Gabe Jackson. Still hope we don't do it.

I dont think 3rd will be enough. Maybe 2 3rds? Doubt Lions have any interest in Jackson.

Edited by BZski