2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For sure. Did we really think we were going to get 5 new great starters on the OL in 1 offseason though?

I think getting 3 new OLineman in FA and a guy to battle Edoga, Lewis or Fant for a spot at 48 and adding a great WR is better than just getting 4 new guys on the OL to battle for 3 spots really. And a tier 3 WR. That’s just my opinion. 

If we end up drafting someone like Wills, then in the 3rd or 4th getting a guard,  I'll be pretty amazed by what he was able to do in 1 off season

16 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

That’s the game that Jeudy dropped two passes, including one in the end zone. Those drops left a bad taste and are probably the main reason I won’t take him at 11.

Didn't Jeudy then make am amazing catch in the end zone after the easy drop?  Didn't make the drop better really. 

32 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

If we end up drafting someone like Wills, then in the 3rd or 4th getting a guard,  I'll be pretty amazed by what he was able to do in 1 off season

Didn't Jeudy then make am amazing catch in the end zone after the easy drop?  Didn't make the drop better really. 

Wills is the only guy I have in the same tier as the WRs

I kind of like Thomas more than Willis. I think Thomas would be a great LT or RT and Willis to me is just a great RT. I don't think he can be good at LT. My order right now is

Wirf

Thomas

Jeudy

Lamb

Ruggs

Willis

Becton (I hope we don't draft him. I think he struggles and has to play guard.)

19 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I kind of like Thomas more than Willis. I think Thomas would be a great LT or RT and Willis to me is just a great RT. I don't think he can be good at LT. My order right now is

Wirf

Thomas

Jeudy

Lamb

Ruggs

Willis

Becton (I hope we don't draft him. I think he struggles and has to play guard.)

What makes you think Wills CAN'T play LT?  He has the best feet out of any of these guys.  The best pass sets, is almost impossible to beat with speed........ if anything he has more of the qualifications for LT than Thomas does.  He played RT mostly because he had a lefty QB.  He was the blind side protector.  

18 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

What makes you think Wills CAN'T play LT?  He has the best feet out of any of these guys.  The best pass sets, is almost impossible to beat with speed........ if anything he has more of the qualifications for LT than Thomas does.  He played RT mostly because he had a lefty QB.  He was the blind side protector.  

Its ridiculous,  Wills is the best ot. Hes ready to start day 1. He was a wall.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its ridiculous,  Wills is the best ot. Hes ready to start day 1. He was a wall.

Seriously.  The only thing that stops a guy from being a LT generally is foot speed or length.  All 4 of them have the length and Wills has the best feet by far.  Only Wirfs ran a faster 40 our of the 4, but his feet aren't as quick through the techniques as Wills on tape.  Much different than a 40 yard foot race.  People underestimate how insane his combine was because Wirfs was all time great.  But Wills was in the 94th percentile in the broad jump 97th in the vert 90th in the 40 and 73rd in arm length.  If Wirfs didn't go banana's at the combine people would be buzzing about Wills combine.  

I have seen too many "Dancing Bear" thing. He (Willis) reminds me of Jason Smith and Luke Joeckel. These guys where suppose to be the next best thing that could lock down the LT spot. I know he was RT because of Tua being left handed but going from RT in college to LT in the NFL is a huge jump. The angles and drop back is different. It will take him a few years to adjust to it and I see him struggling at it. I still think he will be a good RT but I have my doubts on LT and for that I don't want him at 11. Thomas looked great at LT and had the same completion as Willis. Wirf I think will be good at G or T at either side but not the best. I really don't like Becton. He is the one that scares me the most. He struggled with good completion and is only high in the first round because he is a workout worrier. 

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have seen too many "Dancing Bear" thing. He (Willis) reminds me of Jason Smith and Luke Joeckel. These guys where suppose to be the next best thing that could lock down the LT spot. I know he was RT because of Tua being left handed but going from RT in college to LT in the NFL is a huge jump. The angles and drop back is different. It will take him a few years to adjust to it and I see him struggling at it. I still think he will be a good RT but I have my doubts on LT and for that I don't want him at 11. Thomas looked great at LT and had the same completion as Willis. Wirf I think will be good at G or T at either side but not the best. I really don't like Becton. He is the one that scares me the most. He struggled with good completion and is only high in the first round because he is a workout worrier. 

Disagree with this. Wills is a star OT. I’d be happy to draft him. There’s not a single thing raw about his game. Or anything that scares me

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wirfs was a RT as well.... why would he be good at both but not Wills?  I don't think moving to the left side is really that big of an adjustment for such a technical guy.  Even if he just stays on the right side LT doesn't have the massive gap of importance that it used to over RT.  It is still a bit more vital due to being the blind side, but a good tackle is great to have on either side.  

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Disagree with this. Wills is a star OT. I’d be happy to draft him. There’s not a single thing raw about his game. Or anything that scares me

Only thing that's worrisome is the Alabama thing. Though that stigma has started to lose weight recently.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Playoff teams had really good Tackle duos.

Chiefs- Fisher/Schwartz

49ers- McGlinchey/Staley

Ravens- Stanley/Brown

Titans- Conklin/Lewan

Packers- Bahktiari/Bulaga

Texans- Tunsil/Howard

Saints- Armstead/Ramczyk

Eagles- Peters/Johnson

Very true. They all have WAY better weapons as well

Saw a crazy stat for us... that since 2000 not including KR guys... all of our Pro Bowl players we’ve drafted have all been 1st rounders. Not a single pro bowler that wasn’t a KR was not a 1st rounder. The bigger sad part of it... only 2 guys on offense (Ferguson, Mangold).

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Very true. They all have WAY better weapons as well

True but we're stuck in a place, where at least this year where there isn't a 100% chance we can do both. Now would getting Wills in R1 and then grabbing say Aiyuk and Shenault in Rounds 2 and 3 move the needle for us? Yeah, IMO that's a phenomenal haul. But you take Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy and then we're essentially banking on what we have at Tackle unless we find a gem in Round 2/3. If last season taught us one thing its that we need to protect Sam first. He's lights out when he has that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True but we're stuck in a place, where at least this year where there isn't a 100% chance we can do both. Now would getting Wills in R1 and then grabbing say Aiyuk and Shenault in Rounds 2 and 3 move the needle for us? Yeah, IMO that's a phenomenal haul. But you take Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy and then we're essentially banking on what we have at Tackle unless we find a gem in Round 2/3. If last season taught us one thing its that we need to protect Sam first. He's lights out when he has that.

Wills and than a WR in Round 2 I’m happy with. Any other OT than him though and I would rather the reverse. Go WR at 11 and OT at 48.