Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

people have pointed out its flaws since the preprint went up.  it uses the error function to model with simple idiot-;level parameter fitting for a problem that is governed by the type of math I've already beated you over the head with and you ignored.

We just set a new record for most daily deaths today.   Reality has refuted their "model"

Ok, I agree with you, although I'd argue there model has been wildly off for a couple of weeks now

Just now, mission27 said:

how does that support your argument that the problem was caused by the SIZE of their land border?

oh, it doesn't.

note- I never said they don't have the problem.  I said your descriptrion of the CAUSE of the problem was wrong.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

how does that support your argument that the problem was caused by the SIZE of their land border?

oh, it doesn't.

note- I never said they don't have the problem.  I said your descriptrion of the CAUSE of the problem was wrong.

Lol you truly are Sheldon Cooper

Never change man.  You're one of a kind

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

1 bridge for 2500 miles of land border (his argument)

you think that makes it easy for people to cross?

To be fair one bridge can still have a ton of traffic, look at the ambassador bridge between Detroit and Windsor... It's just one bridge but on that one bridge nearly 70,000 people cross the border on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Just now, rob_shadows said:

To be fair one bridge can still have a ton of traffic, look at the ambassador bridge between Detroit and Windsor... It's just one bridge but on that one bridge nearly 70,000 people cross the border on a daily basis.

do 70000 people travel 2000 miles to cross it?

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Or the US-Mexico border.  99% of the traffic is at San Ysidro, El Passo, and 1 other border crossing. 

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Ok, I agree with you, although I'd argue there model has been wildly off for a couple of weeks now

BTW I think the model being f'd up is a good reason to end lockdown SOONER not later. 

If the IMHE model was correct and we could get to basically no cases by doing social distancing through June 1st, I'd be on board.  But that seems wildly optimistic.  I think we're going to have to learn to live with some level of cases. 

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Or the US-Mexico border.  99% of the traffic is at San Ysidro, El Passo, and 1 other border crossing. 

so at least 20% shorter, and at least 3 more crossing points.

truly a great way to support your own argument from earlier.

One thing this whole ordeal has taught me is that in general the people on this planet really need to lighten up... Stop worrying all the time, yes the virus is a serious issue but that doesn't mean you have to be serious all the time suddenly. Newsflash you're going to die, nothing can stop it... Maybe it'll be from the virus, probably not... But either way you are going to die so stop spending so much time worrying about how it might happen and just enjoy life while you can for crying out loud.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

One thing this whole ordeal has taught me is that in general the people on this planet really need to lighten up... Stop worrying all the time, yes the virus is a serious issue but that doesn't mean you have to be serious all the time suddenly. Newsflash you're going to die, nothing can stop it... Maybe it'll be from the virus, probably not... But either way you are going to die so stop spending so much time worrying about how it might happen and just enjoy life while you can for crying out loud.

I'm not dying from this virus.  It'll be booze drugs or women.  I've accepted that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

I'm not dying from this virus.  It'll be booze drugs or women.  I've accepted that

I think it’ll be a mixture of drugs and goats for you