Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

So when they give an 18 month timeline for a vaccine, does that start from January? Last month, when the lockdowns started? Or from current day? 

Just curious.

From my understanding, that is the timeframe for FDA to allow for the company to track the vaccine for adverse side-effects.  They have allowed companies to go almost directly to human testing after they clear some basic hurdles, but it will still take that amount of time to see what happens.  I don't think that is going to be rushed.   So the date would be from the start of the human test with that specific vaccine. Although that is what I have gleaned from those articles and discussions.  I am not an expert in that field.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

PWNY FOR PRESIDENT

glem for some ulterior cabinet position which pays well but has little real responsibility

Yes

50 minutes ago, mission27 said:

As we’ve said before focusing on 1 particular day is meaningless.  You have to look at overall trends 

I use the same kind of coloring scheme for tracking my business results.  The further out I am from hitting certain goals, like labor cost, the more red it gets.  The closer we are, the greener it is.  If I have 11 months of light yellow to green, and one month of red, I am not looking too closely at the red, especially if it falls in a traditionally slower month.  

Haters gonna hate though, as T-Swifty says.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

FDA approves coronavirus saliva test

First FDA-approved testing method that does not use invasive cotton swabs to collect samples

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fda-saliva-test-coronavirus-rutgers

Big, big news on multiple fronts.  First, the swabs were going to run out at some point anyway.  Second, this is much safer for everyone involved.  Third, I think this is much better for a large group, like if we get to allowing professional sports teams back together

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hearing reports of protests planned tomorrow in NC and MI about reopening their economies.  I'm also aware of another group mobilizing in Maryland.  We probably shouldn't talk about these in detail because of politics, but it's important to note this is going to be a growing trend and item of discussion.  

There are some tough decisions coming about how we re-open and when.  At least in Maryland, the stay at home order doesn't have an end-date.  However, the courts are by and large suspended until June 5th.  Our neighbors in Virginia have a stay at home order that ends in the beginning of June.  Some non-essential businesses can still practice social distancing or even do virtual meetings still like tax prep unless someone can't use a computer.  Carwashes can open and just not do the interior of the car.  Barbershops can use some level of PPE and can practice social distancing.  Other places can design their shops for social distancing, or already essentially function that way.  Churches are going to be the hardest to social distance, because of packed sanctuaries.  Places where a high volume of people traffic in close quarters likely need to be the last to re-open.  Sadly, that lists includes a lot of things people will want to do and value in their "normal" lives- sporting events, church, movies and shopping malls.  

Another report to this- the PA house just approved a bill to start reopening businesses if they follow CDC guidelines as well as allowing a wider range of businesses to be considered essential (following the federal guidelines.). If their senate approves it, it goes to the governor to sign it or veto it.  

Again, not trying to make things political with who is supporting the bill, but there is a growing number of people wanting to get back to "normal" and that sentiment is going to grow as exponentially as the virus did. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Another report to this- the PA house just approved a bill to start reopening businesses if they follow CDC guidelines as well as allowing a wider range of businesses to be considered essential (following the federal guidelines.). If their senate approves it, it goes to the governor to sign it or veto it.  

Again, not trying to make things political with who is supporting the bill, but there is a growing number of people wanting to get back to "normal" and that sentiment is going to grow as exponentially as the virus did. 

Epidemics dont "grow exponentially" at all... so...

2 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

If that's your defense for not understanding basic science and math...

It was a figure of speech.  I was never that great at science and math, but I kicked butt in english and history.  I'm also not the one worrying about that kind of stuff on a football forum either.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Coworker’s son is a doctor in NYC.  The stories I’m hearing from them... she said they had to talk him down from quitting last night. Sounds like something out of a nightmare. 

I couldn't imagine that situation and being there right now.  What I am hearing from people I know who live in the city, they hear sirens 24/7.  All of those sirens are likely headed to hospitals in the area.  Absolutely crazy.