Crowell is grumpy.

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you tell your boss you're thinking about your next annual review and the raise you should be getting all the time, even while working?

All he has to do is play well and he'll get paid. Until then hopefully he scrape together enough to get by on 2.5 million this year.

I'm a teacher. I don't know what a raise is. 

Before I engage in my scenario here I want to make clear that I believe Crowell sucks and if you check my posts I didn't think he'd be any good this year in the preseason too. 

However...

Let's look at it this way though. You're the team's plodder who is known to at least stumble forward for a yard or two for every play. Your team has invested heavily in the OL and you're expecting to turn things on this year with a new contract on the horizon. Every time we're in short yardage or against the goal line, your coach calls a QB sneak. Would you be mad?

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm a teacher. I don't know what a raise is. 

Before I engage in my scenario here I want to make clear that I believe Crowell sucks and if you check my posts I didn't think he'd be any good this year in the preseason too. 

However...

Let's look at it this way though. You're the team's plodder who is known to at least stumble forward for a yard or two for every play. Your team has invested heavily in the OL and you're expecting to turn things on this year with a new contract on the horizon. Every time we're in short yardage or against the goal line, your coach calls a QB sneak. Would you be mad?

Lol

Me? Would I be mad? Maybe.  I'd also look a little harder at my own production to see if my concerns are legit.

If I thought they were, I'd discuss it with my boss discreetly, not air it out in the media like a whiny child.

That's just me though.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol

Me? Would I be mad? Maybe.  I'd also look a little harder at my own production to see if my concerns are legit.

If I thought they were, I'd discuss it with my boss discreetly, not air it out in the media like a whiny child.

That's just me though.

That's right. That's you. But Crowell is a high caliber athlete who has had pretty much everything in his life catered to him. He looks whiny complaining, but he does it because he's probably not used to the way the world actually works. He's doing it the wrong way certainly, but it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

That's right. That's you. But Crowell is a high caliber athlete who has had pretty much everything in his life catered to him. He looks whiny complaining, but he does it because he's probably not used to the way the world actually works. He's doing it the wrong way certainly, but it is what it is. 

Excuse me sir, but are you implying I'm not a high caliber athlete?

The ladies in my badminton club may disagree with you.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol

That's just me though.

I definitely feel he shouldn't have aired his frustrations but our OL play has been the biggest contributor to our 0-2 record IMO. The notion that he isn't hitting the correct hole is just wrong, the problem is, there are no holes. Plus every other back that has gotten carries faced the same result. Guys, lets call it for what it is....

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I definitely feel he shouldn't have aired his frustrations but our OL play has been the biggest contributor to our 0-2 record IMO. The notion that he isn't hitting the correct hole is just wrong, the problem is, there are no holes. Plus every other back that has gotten carries faced the same result. Guys, lets call it for what it is....

Good defenses making a rookie qb and garbage WR's beat them? Is that what you mean?

There haven't been gaping holes (snicker) but as @DaWg_LB. stated best, he's left some meat on the bone.

Overall I just think it's a small sample size and we'll see those numbers improve over the next few weeks.

Also, food for thought, he's actually averaging a touch more per game this year than last.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Good defenses making a rookie qb and garbage WR's beat them? Is that what you mean?

There haven't been gaping holes (snicker) but as @DaWg_LB. stated best, he's left some meat on the bone.

Overall I just think it's a small sample size and we'll see those numbers improve over the next few weeks.

Also, food for thought, he's actually averaging a touch more per game this year than last.

It all goes back to what we agreed to, the book is out on us and everyone is going to follow it until we get better at our weakness.

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not directed towards @LETSGOBROWNIES but I find it funny how all of these analyst and fans complain about Crowell hitting the supposed "correct hole" when they don't know the play call. 

That's definitely fair, but if a hole is there and he doesn't see it, that's something you can see as a fan/analyst.

Well if I am not mistaken Hue Jackson likes to run a lot of zone stuff and I know for a fact there is no designated hole in Inside, Mid or Outside zone, only aiming points and reads. I Haven't watched our games closely enough to see the exact reason for Crow's failures but the theory he is not finding the correct hole could very well be a legit theory. 1) Crowell has never had great or even good vision and 2) Like I said no designated hole in one run schemes.

Isaiah has no leverage in the contract talks just like RB FAs from last year had no leverage due to the impending prospect talent depth of the draft class.

Already this year, 11-12 rookie RBs are making some sort of impact on their team, leading their team or the league in rushing (and most weren't high draft picks) --- Kareem Hunt, Tarik Cohen, Chris Carson, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, D'Onta Foreman, Leonard Fournette, Alvin Kamara, Matt Dayes, Samaje Perine, Christian McCaffrey, etc...

To this point, most scouts believe the upcoming draft could be just as deep with RB talent.

Due to the short life span of RBs in the league...teams would rather just invest a mid round draft pick on a starter or early pick on a franchise caliber guy.

Talents like Crowell who are just good at times don't get paid on the market.

Crowell is not the force or threat in the running game that cannot be upgraded via the draft.

He's a great athlete and good RB, but he will not get the money from us he is looking for.

He'll hit free agency and like Pryor end up taking less in order to bet on himself but ultimately will never get the big payday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read Isaiah's comments...and well....they seemed normal and ho-hum...I'm not sure what everyone is getting so upset about.

This happens all over the league with WRs and RBs...the fact that it happened here is not crazy and not justification to get rid of Crowell if we truly believe him to be RB1.

Here were his comments: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/isaiah_crowell_question_the_br.html

I think a lot of people are reacting to hearing that he may have made some negative comments instead of reading them specifically. He was asked if he thinks about his contract...he responded. It wasn't as if he was just spouting off in frustration.

This will be his last chance to get a big contract...he knows the realities of RB nfl life...he's 2 games in and he's not seeing that he will be able to get the opportunities to show he deserves a big contract...he's understandably...

I'm not bothered by his comments one bit. I don't think they were that serious or that they're a distraction. As long as he uses his words carefully..it's all good.

If we can upgrade on Crowell with Saquon Barkley and/or Ronald Jones II, you do it in a heartbeat and you do it for reasons that have nothing to do with his comments.

Archived