Crowell is grumpy.

LETSGOBROWNIES

That would explain all the meat on the Bone he's leaving out there on his carries....the last two seasons he ran like man with his hair on fire....now he's running like he's not trying to get hurt....Couple of things....1. he's not NEARLY established enough to try and get a huge contract WITHOUT having a HUGE year, this year.... 2. He hired Rosenhaus...in my opinion, that is an INSTANT last year with the team.....and with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.....I love Crow...but he can be easily replaced.....(looking at the kid from SDST now.....)

Now one legit point that was made IMO....is sometimes Hue gets too cute with the playcalling......after the 2nd Duke Johnson big play (not the 1 handed catch) the one where he went out on the 5......the next play Hue called was some kinda QB keeper out of a strange formation......it should have been 100% 3TE set, and run that ball off tackle 4 times in a row IMO.......

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He should question the play calling. You should be running the hell out of the ball with a rookie qb. But he shouldn’t be crying to the media about it. He needs to stop dancing around the LOS and hit the hole. Then he’ll get the ball more. 

Hard to complain about not getting enough carries when he hasn't done much with what he's been given.

27 carries for 70 something yards thus far iirc.

16 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

That would explain all the meat on the Bone he's leaving out there on his carries....the last two seasons he ran like man with his hair on fire....now he's running like he's not trying to get hurt....Couple of things....1. he's not NEARLY established enough to try and get a huge contract WITHOUT having a HUGE year, this year.... 2. He hired Rosenhaus...in my opinion, that is an INSTANT last year with the team.....and with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.....I love Crow...but he can be easily replaced.....(looking at the kid from SDST now.....)

Now one legit point that was made IMO....is sometimes Hue gets too cute with the playcalling......after the 2nd Duke Johnson big play (not the 1 handed catch) the one where he went out on the 5......the next play Hue called was some kinda QB keeper out of a strange formation......it should have been 100% 3TE set, and run that ball off tackle 4 times in a row IMO.......

My buddy who lives in San Diego and used to work for the sdsu athletic dept has been hyping that kid as the real deal.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard to complain about not getting enough carries when he hasn't done much with what he's been given.

27 carries for 70 something yards thus far iirc.

Yeah it’s not pretty. But neither is watching kizer hold on to the ball and get hit. Need to find a grove somewhere. Maybe once the oline jells better then they can open up more holes. They haven’t looked great so far. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah it’s not pretty. But neither is watching kizer hold on to the ball and get hit. Need to find a grove somewhere. Maybe once the oline jells better then they can open up more holes. They haven’t looked great so far. 

Teams with 21 yo QB's rarely do.

We've also played some good defenses.

As far as the run game, we've played from behind a good bit also. Hard to run the ball a lot when you're down multiple scores late in games, especially when it hasn't worked at all.

Hopefully they get rolling a bit this week.

The most likely thing is that no matter what way we played we would've lost these first two games. At least now people are angry and questioning each other including the coaches and FO. It is good that he went public because otherwise Hue is going to keep doing his experimental cute BS that usually results in negative momentum killing plays or presnap penalties. Hue responded by saying if he gives him the ball get 150 yards. Maybe Crow won't get a buck fifty but we'll at least win the game if we get 2 yards instead of negative or zero.

The pressure is mounting. Last year most blame was on players even though the play calls on offense and defense hurt the team. Now it is clear you have talented players at QB, RB, OL, S, DL and TE. It's on coaches to put that talent to good use. 

Crowell is replaceable. Easily. He needs to worry more about producing. He's shown neither the production nor the character for me to care if he sticks around. Hit an open hole and then run hard. 

Not sure there's a big market for Crowell in the off-season. Certainly not like what he's probably hoping for. 

35 minutes ago, matt27j said:

The pressure is mounting. Last year most blame was on players even though the play calls on offense and defense hurt the team. Now it is clear you have talented players at QB, RB, OL, S, DL and TE. It's on coaches to put that talent to good use. 

Our team got younger from last year to this year.  We're starting a 21 yo qb. 

We aren't losing because of coaching.

21 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Crowell is replaceable. Easily. He needs to worry more about producing. He's shown neither the production nor the character for me to care if he sticks around. Hit an open hole and then run hard. 

Not sure there's a big market for Crowell in the off-season. Certainly not like what he's probably hoping for. 

Yeah, you gotta wonder what he's being told as he has no real grounds to pout about his contract.

He's a former UDFA who has played well at times. He's not exactly Leveon Bell.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We aren't losing because of coaching.

We aren't winning because of it either. I don't want to see more F.O. and coaching changes on a whim either but absolving the coaching from any blame is like absolving Kizer of any blame. Hue doesn't have a good enough team to show that he is a good coach. Kizer doesn't have the playmakers to show he is a good QB. A good coach and a good QB will be limited depending on their situations but eventually it will be clear they are doing their job well even if the results aren't there for the team. It isn't clear that Hue is giving us a greater chance to win than a generic coach yet. He still has time to make some sort of a mark but I haven't seen it yet, unless it is during his press conferences.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We aren't winning because of it either. I don't want to see more F.O. and coaching changes on a whim either but absolving the coaching from any blame is like absolving Kizer of any blame. Hue doesn't have a good enough team to show that he is a good coach. Kizer doesn't have the playmakers to show he is a good QB. A good coach and a good QB will be limited depending on their situations but eventually it will be clear they are doing their job well even if the results aren't there for the team. It isn't clear that Hue is giving us a greater chance to win than a generic coach yet. He still has time to make some sort of a mark but I haven't seen it yet, unless it is during his press conferences.

Name a coach who does win with this roster.

Perhaps it might take more than 18 games for a complete rebuild to bear fruit? Maybe?

I'm in no way saying he's been perfect, but to even entertain the idea of this team needing a new coach is full retard at this point IMO.

Archived