FFMD II '20 - Jacksonville Jaguars Front Office

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He doesn’t care about anybody’s opinion it seems like lol

Doesn't seem that way.

What's the point of discussion/coming to a consensus if it's not used like the games supposed to be run?

Not that big of deal, but it's not enjoyable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't seem that way.

What's the point of discussion/coming to a consensus if it's not used like the games supposed to be run?

Not that big of deal, but it's not enjoyable. 

Theres no consensus when u have a total of 3.

Yall decided to just downgrade hall but didn't explain how any of the other suggestions would make them a better fit.

Noah i feel isnt ready for being a day 1 starting guy which is what you guys decided we needed. 

Aj seems to struggle abit in cover 3 which we predominantly play not to mention how much lsu roasted him in the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Theres no consensus when u have a total of 3.

Yall decided to just downgrade hall but didn't explain how any of the other suggestions would make them a better fit.

Noah i feel isnt ready for being a day 1 starting guy which is what you guys decided we needed. 

Aj seems to struggle abit in cover 3 which we predominantly play not to mention how much lsu roasted him in the playoffs. 

There absolutely can be a consensus when you have 3 or 4 people involved.  That's exactly what "ya'll" were building.  Often, that might mean compromise.  You just have to implement some sort of strategy to refine things down to a consensus choice.  Like...voting, or ranked voting, or...something.  Anything.  That's the GM job in this game.  Figuring out how to integrate various opinions and preferences into a coherent choice.  Which should actually be easier with just a few people involved.

I mean, no offense...but have you not ever worked a group project of any kind before?  Because that's pretty much what this is intended to be.  A collaborative group project that fosters discussion and working toward some sort of consensus.  It's not supposed to be The GMs mock Draft, but rather, The Forum Participants mock draft.  There are plenty of other mock drafts to just run unilaterally, if that's what you're into.

This is basically the 3rd time in 3 picks you've just sorta...made the pick, without even checking in here first, to confirm people are cool with it.  The Brown one didn't really matter because that was clearly the consensus pick that 3 out of 4 people wanted.  But there's a bit of dumb luck in that, as it was kinda made in an unnecessary rush with tons of time left on the clock, without really trying to spur any discussion in the thread leading up to it or any effort to publicly confirm it was everyone's preference.

The Hall pick, there was discussion and debate going on and people voicing that they didn't think he was the best choice.  But you just kinda made a royal decree like, "Hes an ideal cover 3 corner and we run a cover 3", and then made the pick a minute later.  With more than 20 minutes still left on the clock.

You want us to justify the other options, but that's exactly what we were doing.  We were voicing concerns about Hall and the value there...and part of that was suggesting other preferred players and what we think the other guys do better in relation to him.  Yet you weren't even "downgrading" the other guys at the time.  You were basically just stating that you thought Hall was the best.

Ex//

I think im alone on this 1 but i like Bryce hall more.  Hes got the size and his tape shows hes good. Before his season ending ankle injury he was talked as a round 1 guy. 

Then when it was confirmed that you were alone in liking Hall more...you went and did it anyway.

And like...apparently, as per the FFMD Discussion thread, you even more or less knew it was gonna be bad...but just went ahead and picked the guy you deemed the "best scheme fit" anyway?

I already knew the hall grade was gonna be bad but hall is a legit stud in cover 3 which is our scheme. 

Fwiw there were 3 corners with similar grades and i went with the best scheme fit. 

Weak collaborative spirit.

Honestly, i don't think i'll be around for our pick tonight.  I've got better things to do than keep updated on how the draft board progresses, fire up a spreadsheet to track things and make arguments for/against guys i do or do not like there, only to have some other guy drafted anyway.

Make a good pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

There absolutely can be a consensus when you have 3 or 4 people involved.  That's exactly what "ya'll" were building.  Often, that might mean compromise.  You just have to implement some sort of strategy to refine things down to a consensus choice.  Like...voting, or ranked voting, or...something.  Anything.  That's the GM job in this game.  Figuring out how to integrate various opinions and preferences into a coherent choice.  Which should actually be easier with just a few people involved.

I mean, no offense...but have you not ever worked a group project of any kind before?  Because that's pretty much what this is intended to be.  A collaborative group project that fosters discussion and working toward some sort of consensus.  It's not supposed to be The GMs mock Draft, but rather, The Forum Participants mock draft.  There are plenty of other mock drafts to just run unilaterally, if that's what you're into.

This is basically the 3rd time in 3 picks you've just sorta...made the pick, without even checking in here first, to confirm people are cool with it.  The Brown one didn't really matter because that was clearly the consensus pick that 3 out of 4 people wanted.  But there's a bit of dumb luck in that, as it was kinda made in an unnecessary rush with tons of time left on the clock, without really trying to spur any discussion in the thread leading up to it or any effort to publicly confirm it was everyone's preference.

The Hall pick, there was discussion and debate going on and people voicing that they didn't think he was the best choice.  But you just kinda made a royal decree like, "Hes an ideal cover 3 corner and we run a cover 3", and then made the pick a minute later.  With more than 20 minutes still left on the clock.

You want us to justify the other options, but that's exactly what we were doing.  We were voicing concerns about Hall and the value there...and part of that was suggesting other preferred players and what we think the other guys do better in relation to him.  Yet you weren't even "downgrading" the other guys at the time.  You were basically just stating that you thought Hall was the best.

Ex//

Then when it was confirmed that you were alone in liking Hall more...you went and did it anyway.

And like...apparently, as per the FFMD Discussion thread, you even more or less knew it was gonna be bad...but just went ahead and picked the guy you deemed the "best scheme fit" anyway?

Weak collaborative spirit.

Honestly, i don't think i'll be around for our pick tonight.  I've got better things to do than keep updated on how the draft board progresses, fire up a spreadsheet to track things and make arguments for/against guys i do or do not like there, only to have some other guy drafted anyway.

Make a good pick.

Wasn't going to respond after I saw "You can't make a consensus with 3-4 people", but I'm happy you did.

Not going to waste my team sharing thoughts/going through who's available just to have my input carry zero weight. It'd be one thing if I was on an island, but when the majority of people in here feel one way about something and it gets tossed aside...yeah, gonna pass.

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Someone wants to run the show by themself rather than getting everyone involved, sparking a discussion about prospects and etc. Which is the whole point of this thing. 

Yea I remember being highly involved a few years ago and it was loads of fun. This year I probably will know like 25 guys in round 1. Been a helluva year with baby #1

• Like 1

"As the GM your responsibilities are a bit more involved than other members within your front office therefore your final vote in which players are selected during the draft and finalizing trades does carry a little more weight, after all you are the General Manager.  So for example, if you have a couple different options for an upcoming pick and the war room is split on which player to take as the GM it’s your responsibility to make the final decision"

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

"As the GM your responsibilities are a bit more involved than other members within your front office therefore your final vote in which players are selected during the draft and finalizing trades does carry a little more weight, after all you are the General Manager.  So for example, if you have a couple different options for an upcoming pick and the war room is split on which player to take as the GM it’s your responsibility to make the final decision"

There's 3-4 people who've chimed in on each pick. We weren't split.