FFMD II '20 - Jacksonville Jaguars Front Office

ny92mike

23 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Only have so many early picks cuz we need a component defense as well cuz minshew cant be forced to score 35+ a game. 

I don't see anything but corner right now as something that we can't go without picking.

Sure, there's some spots we need more depth at and ideally better players. But safety spots are competent. LB is fine. You have Woods who anchored the 1T spot for Seattle. Gunter/Smoot is decent at 3t/5t. You have Eifert, Oliver, and JOS at TE. Maybe a 3rd down back but not hard to find a guy like that. WR is fine even if ideally we could get a guy opposite him and above Dede/Cole/Conley.

It's mainly about improving the top part of the roster and hitting on the top 3 picks and hopefully finding a gem or two in the mid rounds (with ideally a guard since you can find good ones in that range). We're going to have spots that we'd like to upgrade (all teams do), but ultimately they did a good job of getting competent enough players in FA that can hold it down if need be imo.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, ny92mike said:

As the GM your responsibilities are a bit more involved than other members within your front office therefore your final vote in which players are selected during the draft and finalizing trades does carry a little more weight, after all you are the General Manager.  So for example, if you have a couple different options for an upcoming pick and the war room is split on which player to take as the GM it’s your responsibility to make the final decision. 

with minimal people wanting to contribute potential selections there isn't a consensus on which prospect to take. 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This whole thing is team forum based as long as people want to involve themselves. 

@Tugboat

I'm thinking WR or CB.

WR and CB have good value.....was hoping maybe jones would fall. ....Edge has good value as well.  

Just now, LinderFournette said:

with minimal people wanting to contribute potential selections there isn't a consensus on which prospect to take. 

WR and CB have good value.....was hoping maybe jones would fall. ....Edge has good value as well.  

We still have 3-4 of us in here man. May as well let us all collaborate to make this more of a forum thing and hopefully have other people jump in. This is just a game for fun and to get the discussion going. 

• Like 1

Austin Jackson is another intriguing guy. Slightly worried because he's more of an upside/risky pick imo.

I really want to get Minshew a great supporting cast so my vote is Mims. Can get behind Jefferson to.

Think there will be a solid corner at 42, or we can trade up a few spots for one if we need to with our capital.

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im feeling mims to give a Minshew another big athletic guy to catch but im not entirely sold on him being a top 20 player. 

Outside observer as just a fan of the draft, definitely don't think he is. I probably have another three receivers before I get to mims. Bad hands, bad fight. H / W / S just hoping to put it together

• Like 1

@.Buzz @Tugboatwere technically on the clock till like 1040am so we have a bit of time to discuss.

my choices would be

Mims(arguebly the drafts biggest riser this offseason)

Gladney(arguebly best corner available that fits our CB MO based on Shipleys article)

Geoss-matos(shore up the edge rushing)

AJ Epensa adds more size and another sub package role guy

Edited by LinderFournette
  • Like 1

With the need at corner and obviously wanting to get Minshew another weapon to pair with Chark as I said, I think CB and WR need to be taken with the next two picks.

Mims, Jefferson, Higgins probably deserves consideration as well.

Corner - Fulton, Diggs, Gladney (although I think Gladney makes it close to our 2nd, imo).

Mims is def more of a boom or bust, but I love his redzone ability and size. His upside is through the roof imo, but he definitely has some question marks.

Truthfully, although I like certain guys more than others above, I could understand/get behind any of them. So we can wait and hear Tugs take.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

With the need at corner and obviously wanting to get Minshew another weapon to pair with Chark as I said, I think CB and WR need to be taken with the next two picks.

Mims, Jefferson, Higgins probably deserves consideration as well.

Corner - Fulton, Diggs, Gladney (although I think Gladney makes it close to our 2nd, imo).

Mims is def more of a boom or bust, but I love his redzone ability and size. His upside is through the roof imo, but he definitely has some question marks.

Truthfully, although I like certain guys more than others above, I could understand/get behind any of them. So we can wait and hear Tugs take.

fulton doesnt fit with our CB criteria as he cant vert jump per shipley.    diggs is probably the 4th best cb left on my board.