HB Final Social Distance Mock Draft

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Who do you like at safety then?

I'd prefer a trade down from 19 into the second round for Ashtyn Davis (my ideal choice) or Winfield Jr. If we can't make that happen I'd prefer Terrell Burgess at 80 or 81. 

Davis is my first choice because of you can't teach his physical tools and he has the range to play over the top from single high. Adding that type of player at FS would give us more freedom to move Abram around and bring him into the box, which I think is ideal for his skillset. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

I prefer Jeudy or Lamb over Ruggs, but I think any of them would be a great addition.  I wouldn’t be upset by any means over a draft like this.

I'd be happy with Ruggs or Lamb but personally have Ruggs as my WR1. I'm not a huge fan of Jeudy but wouldn't complain if he's the pick. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer a trade down from 19 into the second round for Ashtyn Davis (my ideal choice) or Winfield Jr. If we can't make that happen I'd prefer Terrell Burgess at 80 or 81. 

I’m all in for trade down (or even up, depending how the draft goes) from 19....

but while i don’t love, love Delpit and McKinney I also have reservations about Winfield’s size (just got rid of Joseph... Winfield’s exactly 1/2 inch smaller: Joseph 5’9 5/8”, Winfield 5’9 1/8”) and Davis is ok for me in 3rd but anything higher is a reach Imo.  I see solid, replacement level player.

i think we should trade back and get 2 2nds if possible and try and get Delpit/McKinney at the top of 2nd if one falls and a CB with 2nd pick.

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m all in for trade down (or even up, depending how the draft goes) from 19....

but while i don’t love, love Delpit and McKinney I also have reservations about Winfield’s size (just got rid of Joseph... Winfield’s exactly 1/2 inch smaller: Joseph 5’9 5/8”, Winfield 5’9 1/8”) and Davis is ok for me in 3rd but anything higher is a reach Imo.  I see solid, replacement level player.

Davis is going to be a 2nd round pick, he's the most physically talented safety in the class. He's raw but his upside is through the roof. I'd personally take Davis over Delpit or McKinnney straight up. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Davis is going to be a 2nd round pick, he's the most physically talented safety in the class. He's raw but his upside is through the roof. I'd personally take Davis over Delpit or McKinnney straight up. 

I have a Delpit and McKinney in a whole tier above Davis, who I see as a mid to late 2nd.  I’m just not wowed by him.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I have a Delpit and McKinney in a whole tier above Davis, who I see as a mid to late 2nd.  I’m just not wowed by him.

I love Davis' upside because of his speed and ball skills. I think he can be a FS with true center field ability. Delpit and McKinney are more versatile players but when we have Abram already who we're going to be moving around a lot I don't think they're as valuable to our defense. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I love Davis' upside because of his speed and ball skills. I think he can be a FS with true center field ability. Delpit and McKinney are more versatile players but when we have Abram already who we're going to be moving around a lot I don't think they're as valuable to our defense. 

I do agree Davis’s range and speed pairs well with Abrams game.  I’d be okay spending the 2 2nd received for 19 on him.  But anything more is too Rich for me.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Good work overall. 

I maintain Delpit isn't a fit for Guenther's defense however. I just don't see them picking him.

I'd take Jaylon Johnson over Delpit and wouldn't even bat an eye he is a lockdown corner and people will find out.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I do agree Davis’s range and speed pairs well with Abrams game.  I’d be okay spending the 2 2nd received for 19 on him.  But anything more is too Rich for me.

Agreed. He's definitely not worth a first round pick but I'd be stoked on selecting him in the second round. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd be happy with Ruggs or Lamb but personally have Ruggs as my WR1. I'm not a huge fan of Jeudy but wouldn't complain if he's the pick. 

Jeudys route running is on another level.  It’s amazing how quick he comes in and out of breaks.  Ruggs has obvious quickness and speed, but I just think Jeudy is more polished.  Like I said though, I wouldn’t be upset with any of those 3 WRs.

• Like 1