Saints vs Bucs Fearsome 4-some

Jeezla

Better Foursome?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The better 4-some in 2020 will be:

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:07 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Some double standards here. Saying Brees was better than Brady last year is too simplistic when you consider the respective weapons. Brees has what most of the forum consider the best WR and RB in the league. Probably not much in it, between them. Also, not much in it for the OP question.

Going to be fun!

This is true but, I recall great QB's are suppose to make Wr at this level better. Brady wasn't throwing to scrubs and Brees played significantly better. That makes a whole big difference

2 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

This is true but, I recall great QB's are suppose to make Wr at this level better. Brady wasn't throwing to scrubs and Brees played significantly better. That makes a whole big difference

Brady was throwing to scrubs. Dorsett, Gordon, Izzo, Meyers and Olszewski (?!) are scrubs at their respective stages of their careers. I think TB's attitude was noticeably off last season, but there were times he should have been and was incredibly frustrated. There was a play where he called Harry to motion, and Harry didn't get it...so TB just stood there looking at the OC...who then called a TO. Crap attitude, granted, but gives you an indication of what he was working with.

He's done his years of elevating WRs, he's given the Givens and Pattens Superbowl TDs, he's help turn Edelman from a QB/CB into a legit weapon at WR. But last season was his worst supporting cast by far

I have no doubt that you didn't watch any games, if you think most of them weren't scrubs.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:51 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Brady was throwing to scrubs. Dorsett, Gordon, Izzo, Meyers and Olszewski (?!) are scrubs at their respective stages of their careers. I think TB's attitude was noticeably off last season, but there were times he should have been and was incredibly frustrated. There was a play where he called Harry to motion, and Harry didn't get it...so TB just stood there looking at the OC...who then called a TO. Crap attitude, granted, but gives you an indication of what he was working with.

He's done his years of elevating WRs, he's given the Givens and Pattens Superbowl TDs, he's help turn Edelman from a QB/CB into a legit weapon at WR. But last season was his worst supporting cast by far

I have no doubt that you didn't watch any games, if you think most of them weren't scrubs.

I guessed you missed the ball hitting them in the feet or three foot above their heads while open.

1 hour ago, MrnastiesNO said:

I guessed you missed the ball hitting them in the feet or three foot above their heads while open.

One or two examples, seriously? Every single QB will have a few example of poor throws. Brady is no different. Rodgers, Brees, Wilson etc have plenty of poor passes per season too.

Let's do better than that....

The WR with the most drops last season? Edelman, 13 drops. Caught only 65% of throws. And he was one of two reliable targets all season. (Compare to Thomas, 6 drops, caught 80%).

Sanu is at 6 drops (24th) 

Dorsett had a catch % of 53.7!! Puts him in the same ball park as DaSean Hamilton, and Preston Williams. Below Robby Anderson...Aex Erickson (who?).  Despite being fast, his average separation (According to next gen stats) was the same as; Darren Fells, Kendrick Bourne. Same as Calvin Ridley too, but with 2 fewer yards of 'cushion'. 

Just stop. NO's receivers are better, TB's are better.....f Lions receivers are better.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

One or two examples, seriously? Every single QB will have a few example of poor throws. Brady is no different. Rodgers, Brees, Wilson etc have plenty of poor passes per season too.

Let's do better than that....

The WR with the most drops last season? Edelman, 13 drops. Caught only 65% of throws. And he was one of two reliable targets all season. (Compare to Thomas, 6 drops, caught 80%).

Sanu is at 6 drops (24th) 

Dorsett had a catch % of 53.7!! Puts him in the same ball park as DaSean Hamilton, and Preston Williams. Below Robby Anderson...Aex Erickson (who?).  Despite being fast, his average separation (According to next gen stats) was the same as; Darren Fells, Kendrick Bourne. Same as Calvin Ridley too, but with 2 fewer yards of 'cushion'. 

Just stop. NO's receivers are better, TB's are better.....f Lions receivers are better.

Even in M. Thomas record breaking year Brees made his own history with throwing an all time time 92% catchable ball to him. The formula is clear if you throw a catchable ball an NFL Wr usually catches it.

No need to talk about these two any more the links below tell you everything you need to know.  I get it but Brady is the GOAT. I hope they play this year so we can watch the impact of Bradys low and high balls on Wr's not known for injuries.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-an-introduction-to-pff-qb-charting

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-most-accurate-nfl-quarterbacks-by-pass-depth-in-2018

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-after-a-record-setting-2018-campaign-drew-brees-earns-pffs-top-passer-award

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-no-dome-no-worries-drew-brees-is-more-than-just-a-product-of-the-mercedes-benz-superdome

Any Wr that has played with Rodgers and Brees or Brady and Brees has had there best year if not career year with Brees. That's probably goes for any receiver Brees has played with and gone to another team. No matter how good or bad they were. (No excuses, just facts.)+

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/pff-analysis-finds-tom-brady-still-ranks-among-nfls-most-accurate-passers to sum the article up it boost how Brady is the best at throwing to wide open Wrs  and yet, Brady's percentage of uncatchable passes in 2019 (24%) was nearly equal to his mark in 2018 (23%).

Edited by MrnastiesNO

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:17 AM, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

This is one of the biggest homer arguments i have ever seen and its honestly hilarious lol

Thanks for the quarantine entertainment MrNasties hahahaha

Its homer when it isn't backed by data. Your opinion is homerism.

Just now, MrnastiesNO said:

share you opinion then.

I think its close,

Brady and Brees are both on the downside of their HoF careers. And i dont think id truly give the edge to either, but i guess Brees in the slightest of margins. Yes, Brees' numbers look better, but he does benefit greatly from playing in Sean Payton's offense. I mean, that offense makes Bridgewater and Hill look like good QBs. I think what Brady loses in accuracy and numbers, he makes back in wins and decision making. Brady has shown to be one of the best clutch athletes of all time. If i had to pick 1 for just this season, i would probably go Brees, but it would be a very tough choice. 

Thomas/Sanders and Evans/Godwin i dont think is really close tbh. I think Tampa has the real advantage here. Yes, i will concede Thomas is the best of the bunch, and is arguably the best WR in the draft. But Evans and Godwin are both top-7 receivers and the gap between them and Sanders is a big drop off. Maybe, at his absolutely peak, Sanders was a top-10 player. But he isnt anywhere near that player anymore, and the other 3 WRs are just on a different level. I mean there are 20 receivers i would take before i even thought about taking Sanders. 

Howard and Cook is a tough argument, because Cook is clearly the better more productive player right now. But i think everyone agrees that Howard's potential is untapped and could be special. I would still give Cook the nod, because i would rather have a proven commodity. But Howard could easily out perform Cook this season, and i dont think anyone would be surprised. 

So overall, i have the Saints higher in a very narrow decision. But i would still take the Bucs for the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say the Saints because this is going to be a short year and the Saints unit is used to working together.  There some great players in the Tampa group, but with such a limited time to practice before the season starts, it's going to be a bit of a disadvantage.