Jump to content
Jeezla

Saints vs Bucs Fearsome 4-some

Better Foursome?  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. The better 4-some in 2020 will be:



Recommended Posts

Which team will have the better 4-some in 2020?

Saints

QB Drew Brees
WR1 Michael Thomas
WR2 Emmanuel Sanders
TE1 Jared Cook


Bucs

QB Tom Brady
WR1 Mike Evans
WR2 Chris Godwin
TE1 OJ Howard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm going with the Saints on this one (even with RB not factored into this one).

At this point, Brees and Brady are probably comparable in terms of ability, Brady has had the better career, but for 2020, I think Brees has the edge as he isn't coming into a new system with new coaches/players that will take some time to adjust to. That obviously isn't a concern for Brees.

Michael Thomas is undoubtedly better than Mike Evans at this point. Not a dig at Evans, but most people have Thomas as a top 3 WR if not best in the NFL right now, Evans is a tier below.

Chris Godwin is better than Emmanuel Sanders at this point in their careers. I don't anticipate Sanders puts up huge numbers in the Saints offense, but will be rather useful in taking some pressure off of Thomas. Chris Godwin may be the best WR #2 in the NFL.

Jared Cook is significantly better than OJ Howard. Cook started out slow out of the gate for the Saints last year, but as he became more familiar with the offense, he was among the better TE's in the league. OJ Howard on the other hand has yet to live up to all the draft hype from a few years ago, and has been an average at best TE.

That would give the Saints an advantage at 3 out of the 4 spots, and if RB's were included Kamara/Murray would undoubtedly be better than the Buc's RB's.

Edited by tyler735

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is Howard even their best TE?

Better potential, but brate has been the better TE, maybe with brady that will change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is Howard even their best TE?

More of a projection with Howard. I originally had a question mark next to his name, but took it out just before hitting submit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints. Brees is better than Brady, and Michael Thomas is the best WR of the bunch. The remaining options are close enough to a wash to pick the Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QBs are kind of a wash, MT is better than Evans but not so much better he makes up for the fact the gap between Godwin and Sanders is huge...but Cook is better than Howard

I think I'd rather have the TB group but its razor thin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Your on crack! There is no huge gap between Sanders and Godwin. Sanders was on a run team first.  Qb is not a wash Brees is the better QB plain and simple.  Saints are better in the depth department also, oline and running back.

Edited by MrnastiesNO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely going Bucs. You could call Brady  and Brees a wash, Thomas is the best reciever, how Evans and Godwin together are special. And I think Howard is gonna shine with Brady, Brady loves his TEs.

If you would have put RBs in here the saints would have won. They're gonna be good games this. Probably the games I'm most looking towards too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Riftty said:

I'm definitely going Bucs. You could call Brady  and Brees a wash, Thomas is the best reciever, how Evans and Godwin together are special. And I think Howard is gonna shine with Brady, Brady loves his TEs.

If you would have put RBs in here the saints would have won. They're gonna be good games this. Probably the games I'm most looking towards too

Why would you call them a wash. Brees has easy outperform Brady the last two years and it isn't close. Thomas is better than Evans. Godwin and Sanders are closer than any of the comparisons and I will take Cooks  or Hill  over Howard any day.

This is like I said before a no brainer. Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Why would you call them a wash. Brees has easy outperform Brady the last two years and it isn't close. Thomas is better than Evans. Godwin and Sanders are closer than any of the comparisons and I will take Cooks  or Hill  over Howard any day.

This is like I said before a no brainer. Saints.

If you think old man Brees is any where near the 6 time champ, you have some homer shades on. I was giving Brees the benefit of doubt. That dude has a serious case of noodle arm. 

Brees has never won a MVP. And his one championship is tainted with controversy.

If anything its Brady and it's not even close, he is at the tippity top of the mountain and he isn't even half way up, he is in peak physical condition and he isn't even in shape. Give me the 6 time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Why would you call them a wash. Brees has easy outperform Brady the last two years and it isn't close. Thomas is better than Evans. Godwin and Sanders are closer than any of the comparisons and I will take Cooks  or Hill  over Howard any day.

This is like I said before a no brainer. Saints.

Dude take off the homer glasses! Godwin is arguably a top 10 WR in the NFL as of right now. He's waaaaay better than Sanders (and I love me some Emmanuel Sanders.) 
The gap between Godwin to Sanders is bigger than the gap between Thomas and Evans. 
Cook is better than Howard or Brate, but like others have said maybe Howard takes a huge step forward with Brady as the QB. 
Josh Hill is certainly not better than Howard, or that C. Brate for the matter. That's just ridiculous. 

I'd rather roll with TB12 and the potential of the unknown, I guess. 
Good comparaison that isn't too easy to answer!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Riftty said:

If you think old man Brees is any where near the 6 time champ, you have some homer shades on. I was giving Brees the benefit of doubt. That dude has a serious case of noodle arm. 

Brees has never won a MVP. And his one championship is tainted with controversy.

If anything its Brady and it's not even close, he is at the tippity top of the mountain and he isn't even half way up, he is in peak physical condition and he isn't even in shape. Give me the 6 time.

I mean he does think Brees is the GOAT lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you about Howard over Brate, but...

 

What is this Brees over Hill? Hill’s even better than Lamar Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×