FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

I can’t recall how many of these mock drafts I’ve observed. My time as a mod I hated these things. The bickering, fighting and numerous bans caused by this during those times was awful. It’s why I’ve never participated.

I want to commend each and every participant of this years draft. This is by far the most civil, respectful and productive draft I’ve witnessed in this forum. Each of you contributed to that. Frankly I’m a bit in awe with the group. 

The people part dealt with, now The Draft. 

Awesome job. I really really hope Quinn can find willing partners so he can get this type of return in the draft. Really nice job.

It just doesn’t get better than this. Participants genuinely interested in working together respectful of differences. Coming away with a top notch rookie crop. 

Kudos!

Much respect.

DHLF

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, we've definitely got some bodies there.

That was a part of the decision to go with Kelley. RB was still a need and while I like the player, there isn't a clear role for him with the addition of Bucannon (which I forgot about and was a key factor in that decision). 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(Pick #185.) With Pick 185, the Detroit Lions' Assistant to the General Manager Sllim Pickens selects Cameron Clark, OG, Charlotte.

(Pick #186.) With Pick 186, the Detroit Lions' Head Scout and "Karnage Korner" Host Karnage84 selects Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA.

UCLA notebook: Joshua Kelley sets rivalry game record in UCLA win ...

JOSHUA KELLY AS RB7
Much like the wide receiver and cornerback classes, the running back class is stacked at the top and deep overall. Having running backs high on a big board for 2020 is no surprise, but one name that caught my eye was UCLA’s Joshua Kelley.

Kelley recorded back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2018 and 2019. There have been Kelley fans in the shadows, but when the big board comes out, everything comes to light. Reid ranked Kelley above Zack Moss, Eno Benjamin, Anthony McFarland and A.J. Dillon.

Here's what Reid had to say about Kelley in his final evaluation:

"It's been a long road to stardom for Joshua Kelley. Originally starting with UC Davis, he pleaded for an opportunity with the Bruins and proved to be well worth the investment. His dedication and hard work to his craft paid off following the move. While he doesn't possess the highest level of top-end speed, he makes up for it with his ability to show off his wiggle in tight space, as well as carrying his momentum through contact. A likely Day 3 selection, Kelley is the type of rusher that could turn out to be an instant hit because of his present traits, mental makeup and determination."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-draft-guide-jordan-reid-the-draft-network-2020

• Like 2