Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Just now, marshpit23 said:

Agree, it’s probably too early for a RB. Would like a dynamic player for this offense, though. Especially with parting ways with Cook. 

also agree with Gallimore. 

Laviska Shenault Jr. could fit that void but arguably Aiyuk or Claypool might end up being better than he is.  And again Shenault disappointed this year and turned out to be a little overrated compared to his SOPH season.  

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Then I think trade down is the best thing to do right now. Try and get a later 2nd and 3rd or 4th and get more ammo for the safety and offense.

Sounds great but only if a team wants into the game and by how Jordan Love is falling not many teams are trading up to get guys and almost everyone is trading out only.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sounds great but only if a team wants into the game and by how Jordan Love is falling not many teams are trading up to get guys and almost everyone is trading out only.  

The more this draft plays out, the more I dislike the Harris trade.

Now we're either is position to have to go defense three straight picks to fill the hole we created and take hits to offensive holes to get a replacement safety or wait too long, get another position, and miss out on a solid replacement safety after we decided against Winfield.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Laviska Shenault Jr. could fit that void but arguably Aiyuk or Claypool might end up being better than he is.  And again Shenault disappointed this year and turned out to be a little overrated compared to his SOPH season.  

I like Claypool and Aiyuk. I’m hesitant on Shenault at this point.

Just now, CriminalMind said:

My board:

Kyle Dugger Lenoir-Rhyne S

Jordan Love, QB

AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB

Yeah if Cousins did not just resign, this Love scenario would be like a dream scenario for getting a future QB.  Dugger here makes a lot of sense though.

The more this draft plays out, the more I dislike the Harris trade.

Now we're either is position to have to go defense three straight picks and take hits to offensive holes to get a replacement safety or wait too long and miss out on a replacement safety after we decided against Winfield.

Agree, same could be said about the Cook deal arguably but will see how it all plays out.  But yeah that offense without Diggs is one thing, without Cook is like holy crap that is not a dangerous group.  

Just now, marshpit23 said:

I like Claypool and Aiyuk. I’m hesitant on Shenault at this point.

Yeah Shenault I thought was overrated especially with all the 1st round talk.  Claypool could be a reach here though, same with Aiyuk who I also do not buy the 1st round talk with him.  Claypool is a freak show though and love his toughness but not sure he is a fit with this time.  

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Love the value of AJ Terrell here (Not sure double dipping on CB is the best idea). Also, not opposed to trading back.

Don't think this is the year to get the QBOTF (next year probably).

Nothing really stands out here. If we can't find someone else or trade back, I wouldn't mind Terrell

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah if Cousins did not just resign, this Love scenario would be like a dream scenario for getting a future QB.  Dugger here makes a lot of sense though.

Agree, same could be said about the Cook deal arguably but will see how it all plays out.  But yeah that offense without Diggs is one thing, without Cook is like holy crap that is not a dangerous group.  

I still don't see a problem, taking Love in the 2nd to eventually replace Cousins in a couple years is good.

I'm fine with Jordan Love here really.

Don't think this is the year to get the QBOTF (next year probably).

Nothing really stands out here. If we can't find someone else or trade back, I wouldn't mind Terrell

Mike Hughes, AJ Terrell, Kris Boyd
Jeff Gladney, Holton Hill, Mark Fields

That would be a nice collection of corners and multiple guys who could be the slot.  But still is Harrison Smith and that is it and he is alone.  That would be the only negative in that and I like Terrell and would have maybe taken him 1st round possibly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Mike Hughes, AJ Terrell, Kris Boyd
Jeff Gladney, Holton Hill, Mark Fields

That would be a nice collection of corners and multiple guys who could be the slot.  But still is Harrison Smith and that is it and he is alone.  That would be the only negative in that and I like Terrell and would have maybe taken him 1st round possibly.

I mean we have a killer DL, killer LB, would have killer CB's.....I think we can afford a season of patch worked safeties but if a CB or safety is best here and we can't trade back, gotta do it!

We'd just have to go offense heavy the next 2-3 picks or else we're in line for the most boring Vikings offense since 2014

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I mean we have a killer DL, killer LB, would have killer CB's.....I think we can afford a season of patch worked safeties but if a CB or safety is best here and we can't trade back, gotta do it!

Weird question. Do you or anyone think Hill could play a little free safety? 

I agree, CB or S here makes a lot of sense but is hard to decide on which one.  I still go safety with Dugger because as much as I like Terrell there are a lot of other corners we could get later if that is what we want to do, any of these guys I would be fine with, especially Robertson, Johnson, Ojemudia or Arnette, hell Dantzler and Holmes as well or Igbinoghene.  Do not have such a list at safety.  

Amik Robertson La Tech JR
Jaylon Johnson Utah JR
Michael Ojemudia Iowa RS
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Darnay Holmes UCLA RS JR
Cameron Dantzler Miss State RS JR
Noah Igbinoghene Auburn JR
Tony Pride Jr Notre Dame JR*
Myles Bryant Washington
Josiah Scott Michigan State JR
Essang Bassey Wake Forest
AJ Green Ok State