Ttitansfan4life Mock 1.0

ttitansfan4life

Bored on my day off and decided to do my first mock. A couple things to note before....

1.) Used Draft Networks mock draft simulation for this. Awesome analysis and definitely a fun exercise.

2.) I’m doing this mock with the idea that we eventually sign Clowney and potentially bring back Logan Ryan or another CB in free agency that is above bottom of the roster material.

3.) Clowney obviously isn’t an every down DL but we’ll rarely be in base defense and even if he does play there, I think he’d hold up very well. He’ll play all over the front anyway so don’t take the depth too seriously. 

CUNEB_CG10681A.jpg?w=5161st(29) - Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado

Before anyone ******* and moans, the CBs available at this spot just weren’t that appealing. Shenault before the injuries(torn labrum and played with a turf toe this past year) was projected as a top 15 pick. Kids a stud with elite athleticism and very good size. Route running is the biggest part where he needs improvement in his game. Davis likely isn’t getting his 5th year option picked up so this will likely be his last season. We need to start preparing for that. The signing of Clowney allows this team to go BPA with no glaring holes outside of CB. Shenault isn’t forced to start year 1 but will definitely get a chance to play a lot because with his talent, he’ll definitely be forcing his way on the field.

usatsi_13393721.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

2nd(61) - Cam Akers, RB, Florida State - An underrated player who played under the some of the worst circumstances in college football and still performed a high level. We need a RB2 and someone who can excel on 3rd downs. Maybe someone who can play that role for a year or 2 and then takeover for Henry.

19398185_web1_M-SPORTS-FBC-UTAH-WASHINGT

3rd(93) - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington - Can’t believe he fell this far but I’m so glad he did. He’s exactly the type of guy to sit for a couple of seasons and the take over. Wasn’t planning on taking a QB this high but with Eason somehow falling, it was a no brainer. 

usa_today_11484812.jpg

5th(174) - Nevelle Clarke, CB, UCF - Projects as outside CB but needs to add more size. A little light at 180 but good height and length at 6’1. The CB board really didn’t play out like I would’ve liked which is why I took 3 offensive guys with the first 3 picks. I’m hoping we can somehow work out something with Ryan but that seems not likely especially if they sign Clowney.

Breeland_WSU18_EE_2_.JPG

7th(224) - Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon - Solid athlete who actually has experience in blocking in line which is rare for lot of TEs coming out of college. Could eventually take Pruitt’s role.

FBL18_PennSt_DM_217_.JPG

7th(237) - Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan - Developmental OT

1171225989.jpg.0.jpg

7th(243) - Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia - Kicker competition

Will need to add IDL and IOL help in FA and UDFA and I know it’s obviously offense heavy with only one defensive pick but when you add Clowney, Beasley, and potentially Ryan, I thought it would be a good time to reload that offensive depth some very good prospects.

2020 Titans Depth Chart

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Jacob Eason, Logan Woodside

RB: Derrick Henry, Cam Akers, Dalyn Dawkins

FB: Khari Blasingame

WR: AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, Laviska Shenault, Khalif Raymond

TE: Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser, MyCole Pruitt, Jacob Breeland

LT: Taylor Lewan

LG: Roger Saffold

C: Ben Jones, FA/UDFA

RG: Nate Davis

RT: Dennis Kelly, Ty Sambrailo

DT: Jeffrey Simmons, Isaiah Mack

NT: DaQuan Jones, Matt Dickerson

5T: Jadeveon Clowney, Jack Crawford

OLB: Harold Landry, Reggie Gilbert, D’Andre Walker

ILB: Jayon Brown, David Long

ILB: Rashaan Evans, Nick Dzubnar

OLB: Vic Beasley, Kamalei Correa, Derrick Roberson

CB: Adoree Jackson, Logan Ryan, Chris Milton

CB: Malcolm Butler, Nevelle Clarke, Kareem Orr

FS: Kevin Byard, Amani Hooker

SS: Kenny Vaccaro, Dane Cruikshank

K: Rodrigo Blankenship

P: Brett Kern

RS: Khalif Raymond

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I’m not feeling it, a RB in da 2nd round to early for me, & too early to invest in a WR in da 1st. I get what you’re saying about this could be Davis last yr, but we can draft his replacement next yr or simply trade for a #2 next offseason. Like hear me out on this, we’re already loaded at the skills position WR & TE. We’re a run 1st offense, which means we’re not a high volume passing team therefore it’s not a lot of balls to go around. We had a stud rookie WR that had a 1000 yards avg 20 yards a catch & only saw 5 targets a game. We have a freak at TE that runs 4.5 4.6 & he doesn’t get a lot of targets, we spent 36 mill on a slot WR & didn’t come close to using him how TB used him. We all know how wasted 10 + mill on Lewis didn’t come close to using him how NE used him, checkdowns & screens basically. That being said Art needs to figure out the passing game & utilizing what we have before we invest high draft capital.. my opinion not saying I’m right. 1st & 2nd round need to be defense Corner & pass rushers 

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So, just no replacing Jurrell Casey?

It’s been said that Simmons is taking Casey’s spot. Jones stays at NT. The other spot will be a combination of players between Mack, Clowney, Dickerson, etc. No point in spending a premium pick on an interior guy when the defense will be in sub package over 50% of the time and Clowney will play one of those with Simmons playing the other. Unless you’re looking to replace Jones who I mean is probably coming off his best year and the staff loves him, I don’t see the point in taking an interior DL that high. The Clowney signing I thought I thought would be the dead giveaway with that....

31 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Oh & I do feel Clowney is an every down player he doesn’t get a lot of sacks but he generates ton of pressures & tales on double teams. He has injury issues I’m worried about 

I didn’t say he wasn’t an everydown player. I said he’s not an every down interior DL. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

It’s been said that Simmons is taking Casey’s spot. Jones stays at NT. The other spot will be a combination of players between Mack, Clowney, Dickerson, etc. No point in spending a premium pick on an interior guy when the defense will be in sub package over 50% of the time and Clowney will play one of those with Simmons playing the other. Unless you’re looking to replace Jones who I mean is probably coming off his best year and the staff loves him, I don’t see the point in taking an interior DL that high. The Clowney signing I thought I thought would be the dead giveaway with that....

You still can never have too many good pass rushers. Simmons still is a ? Mark he’s hasn’t arrived yet, & you can’t count on Clowney giving his injury history & I still think we need depth on the DL my guy but you are right half the time we are in sub packages but we have no depth 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i wouldn't necessarily be upset with this (at all, really) but it does feel awfully offense-heavy. i'd probably take a DB much earlier, but of course it depends on how the board shakes out.

Believe me when I say this, it sucked. No good CBs were really available at 29. Even the 2nd round was rough.