Build A City Mock Draft - Signup/Chat Thread (Filled, Draft Starts 4/14)

jcrell623

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

If this draft is gonna be run on 30 min time slots with hair triggered people ordering skips, it wont finish

There is compromise, its communication and patience. I'm not about to put in the research for a lost cause. A few of us draft religiously and are reliable. I think we should redo the NBA portion and expand the slot times

I'd be Ok with this too... my board was blown up anyway.

I would just like to point out, that if there were no time slots (seeing as 3 of us talk to Bills GUy on FB regularly) we would be in the 2nd round.

Because there are 30 minute time slots we are now probably not completing this draft.

Basically lends credence to I_get_sax's point that you bring them in when necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, RaykwonDaChef said:

I would just like to point out, that if there were no time slots (seeing as 3 of us talk to Bills GUy on FB regularly) we would be in the 2nd round.

Because there are 30 minute time slots we are now probably not completing this draft.

Basically lends credence to I_get_sax's point that you bring them in when necessary.

because your buddy didn't get siakam is why this draft is not getting completed, don't blame it on the time slots lol.

Just now, jcrell623 said:

because your buddy didn't get siakam is why this draft is not getting completed, don't blame it on the time slots lol.

also, not all of us are freinds offline. the 9 of us remaining are random users. time slots create structure, which is necessary when its not just friends drafting. i understand this works for your fbk/podcast drafts, but it wouldnt work here.

Just now, jcrell623 said:

also, not all of us are freinds offline. the 9 of us remaining are random users. time slots create structure, which is necessary when its not just friends drafting. i understand this works for your fbk/podcast drafts, but it wouldnt work here.

So I successfully ran multiple all-time build a city drafts on here involving 5 sports (soccer aswell) and over 1k picks and we eventually had hour slots getting through 1 round  a day but they weren't instituted into the later rounds.

Don't tell me what can and can't work.

• Like 4

We did this same thing in the cornerstone, we shouldn't skip a guy who got the #1 overall pick. I for one thought the NBA was going to be on Saturday or even sunday because we were all focused on the real draft. So i think what happened was wrong, skipping a guy in the 5th round or later is fine but the first overall pick cmon. Not blaming bcb at all just think we should have waited for the nfl draft to end before we started the next one.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

yes because you and ur buddies are acting like children. this is a fake draft, who cares if you don't get who you want because you miss the 16-18 hour window you had to make a pick....

Acting like children or not wanting to put in the time to research for a cause that has made the same mistakes over and over expecting different results ?

I guess opinions will very here 

What you're doing CLEARLY isnt working here. You're not even half way thru so perhaps instead of name calling you should I dont know, may e change what is not working? 🤔

• Like 1

*ALRIGHT GUYS LISTEN UP*

The back and forth isn't working and the veiled (or not) shots at each other definitely isn't working either. Maybe we take a step back from this and reassess how to make it happen moving forward. We're obviously split on everything, and while I think some proposed solutions have had merit, it doesn't seem to be the case. Chill out for a second, and find a compromise, not the back and forth. Whether it's starting over, or no time slots, or longer time slots or whatever. 

Let's quit with the back and forth bickering before it gets too out of hand. Nipping this is in the bud now, myself included. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Big Boards, alarms, making a pick when you get back and catchup - all viable options

Or patience. Unless you seen a track record developing there was 0 need to go heavy. 

Again I picked up a team to help out as well as I enjoy drafting. I wouldn't of committed if I wasnt able to see this thru, I'm not punk like that.

Skipping someone zaps the fun out of this and fractures the entire model. I guess what is done is done. I hope for future reference you learn from this.

This draft is dead

3 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Or patience. Unless you seen a track record developing there was 0 need to go heavy. 

Okay fine. But there were time slots. It was a known thing how the draft was being run. That's all there is to that part of it. That's why I offered three alternative ways to meet that criteria. 

Again, you have your opinion on this and others have theirs. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

I mean the irony here is how long this is now delayed because of a skipped pick due to time slots. lol 

IDK im open to suggestions, but i think the only way this works is if the NBA draft starts over. Again, im not blaming bcb or anyone really, but as said by multiple users, and not just my "buddies" but skipping someone in the 1st round is just bad form. 

Its up to you guys, ive said what i wanted to say.