Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

@Ragnarok, revealing your invest is not a bad idea. S76 already used his power, so he is probably a powerless civ at this point. You're our only cleared civ, so only you can be trusted fully. 2 cleared civs is better than one, but also it forces the mafia to waste a hit, and possibly 2 if they can, on a now powerless player. Alternatively (and the better option IMO, key is the "probably" which I'll explain later), is to hold on to your invest and force the mafia into an even tougher decision: potentially waste a hit by sending it to the one cleared player w/ valuable info and have it blocked?

Ok, now the reason I am not sold that S76 is powerless is that there is a clear trend among the revealed abilities, they are all directly related to one of the hero's in game abilities. This is a bit confusing, but each hero has a primary weapon fire, some have secondary fire as well. They each have an ultimate ability. Some have a passive ability. They each have at least 2 abilities. For clarity's sake, I will refer to these as non-passive abilities.

So far, every power revealed EXCEPT for S76's power relates and/or is based on their non-passive ability. Roadhog's hook (drags enemy to him), Junkrat's concussion mine (lay it down and explode it with press of button), Hanzo's sonic arrow (reveals enemy location in limited range where fired to entire team), Ana's sleep dart (puts enemy to sleep until they are either hit or several seconds pass) <--- not confirmed, just what bucs said, Lucio's amp it up (temporarily powers up his passive speed/heal boost), and my ability as well. What does pardoning have to do with any of Soldier's non-passive abilities? (one is to fire helix rockets, one is to set down a healing field for his team, and the other is to sprint... yes that's an ability in OW!). I personally think Soldier still has an ability left, and if I'm right, outing him would only help Mafia.

So I propose this:

Soldier, if you don't have any powers left, come forward. Ragnorak can then confirm you are Soldier. 

This kinda thing is super helpful in understand whats going on.

17 hours ago, MathMan said:

hockey

Won't get his move in anyway.

This was malf's vote, page 65 (thanks Woz!). Hockey was replaced between this and the sped-up nighttime. Malf did foreshadow starting a late bandwagon, lucio's power didn't allow that.

Malf had been pretty frequently switching his vote before this, but it doesn't seem too crazy that he would've left it on hockey had he not been replaced.

3 minutes ago, LionsFTW said:

Why? I've played Mafia here a million times and every time that I've been in chat.zy, there's not a single person who would put the effort into doing this.

Rag/Jlash/bz/woz have all said they played before on other forums. I don't think its that hard to believe that other games could have more effort thrown in than a standard FF mafia game.

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Hm...I actually have no thoughts on mcmurray yet.  I can't think of anything he has done that stands out.  Is there a way to search for just one person's posts in a thread?

hes been most helpful talking about the characters, but hes had quite a few scummy post. The fact that he wants to explain mechanics and not attempt to play the game is a tell in itself.

5 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:
10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

"Expect he fears me" <-- now this is why I found it interesting how much he was agreeing with me the other day, and not implicating me at all of anything. My theory was that he wanted to look as aligned with me as possible so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was their N1 hit. That didn't happen, they hit ET80. Did they have a hit on me that was blocked or did they not consider my OW knowledge as problematic? Most likely, neither, and he is not mafia, but I believe the odds are high enough (~35%) to warrant concern.

"Fear" might be a little strong, but yeah, if you're mafia that does make the game a bit harder. And if we're both civ the mafia could play the long-con of keeping us both alive to pit us against each other later on in the game.

The ET hit is weird, not sure what to make of it. Maybe they just went after someone they low-key suspected of having a good role rather than risk being blocked. Or maybe they didn't have a hit that would work on genji/hanzo.

Conversely, this seems civ/civ to me. interesting as I was starting to get a mafia lean on JMC

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Also, there's been an odd amount of pushback on looking at the guys that voted for me yesterday.  These six guys mission, utley, beezee, touch, Cwood, dome.  I think it is a very safe assumption to think there's at least one scum on there.  Utley and touch seem the towniest based on behavior.  

I'd like some thoughts as to which of those guys people think are most likely to be scum.  

Why scrounge over the entire player list when we can narrow our focus to these 6?

I think we need to lean on this list come night time.

19 minutes ago, LionsFTW said:

I disagree. He just tends to spend free time in a different way than you. Which is probably why his hands were free to do a project like this and yours, well.... you haven't been doing much typing.

bc of lack of said free time.  I like how you try to spin it back on me, though.

1 hour ago, beezee said:

I'm honestly not going to be that active.  But I am trying to read thru some of these pages but it's just too much in what little time I have.  

I'm still good with Jlash and a new target, Mookie.

That first sentence is enough to make him the lynch. If he isnt active than he can skirt.

Archived