Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

You mean, a^2 + b^2 = c^2? Then yes, I trust the Pythagorean Theorem. Most people who graduated 8th grade math would too ... oh ... my bad ... didn't mean to bring up sore memories.

... you got me. My two children burst from my head fully formed like Athena burst forth from Zeus's mind.

Oh wait, that's too high brow a reference for you.

Was a joke. Just a reference to this video which is hilarious. 

I actually believe Matts' theory that he baited the [spam] hit. If this is true, it kind of clears Mcmurray in my mind because he would not have fallen for what Matts was pulling. I mean Matts flat out lied about the Genji/Doomfist interaction to make his fake ability seem legitimate and it sounded very real (props to matts on that) but people who play the game and follow the lore knew it was odd. This is why I suspected you Matts, I thought you might be playing as hyper aggressive mafia and guessed the Shimada bros were left out of the game so nobody would CC you, and that you knew this because Danger was in [spam] and slipped up.

So my updated top 4

Dome

Jfin

Math

Tk3 (makes sense if Math is mafia, threw his vote on him because he knows it won't gain steam and will look civ if TK3 gets revealed via death or invest)

The idea that math and jfin have been in the [spam] together makes a lot of sense to me, and jfin's erratic posting doesn't sit well with me (although I have a feeling he is always like this so it doesn't mean much).

@Matts4313 why are you confident in beezee lynch? He's been fairly inactive and if we go the route of the inactive lynch I'd prefer TK3. Do you have other reasons?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

yeah, it's fine.

sorry about that, thought the video was more popular lol

Yeah, my apologies as well. Unnecessary on my part.

I'll catch the video later when it gets a bit more quiet around the office.

BTW, just got a new router setup at home. It should work, but I have a sneaking suspicion that something will got pear shaped when I try to set it up. So, I may not be around for the close of vote. I'll try to be, but I make no promises. I'll toss out a vote once I finish catching up.

3 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Rag/Jlash/bz/woz have all said they played before on other forums. I don't think its that hard to believe that other games could have more effort thrown in than a standard FF mafia game.

Point of order: I've said I've played mafia in person many times. Have only done so on forums once previously (and IIRC, I believe I was a replacement who didn't last long)

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:
4 hours ago, beezee said:

I honestly can't remember exactly which post stuck out, but there was one at some point that caught my eye. 

This one. 

I wondered about that since there were at most 8 posts (due to his posting STORM back on 106) to evaluate from Mookie.

Unless someone has an explanation of the page 106 convo between Mookie and Jlash, that feels like a mafia-mafia convo. Two guys who barely talked at all in day 1 strike up a one page conversation ... and then disappear again?

"Hi. Let us converse like the humans we are."
"Yes, we are regular humans having a regular human conversation."

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

dude, woz runs a survivor pool where he has to keep track of 200+ picks every week. I think he just likes doing stuff like that. I don't get a read from it.

Don't know if I say I like it as much as I am foolish enough to do it.

Archived