Patriots trade TE Gronkowski and a 7th to Bucs for a 4th

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Gotta question the motive behind this. Probably the love of football and he misses it, but let's not forget what he was saying about why he retired. He was crying in front of people talking about how he couldn't sleep due to pain caused by hits. That doesn't stop because he has a year out. I wonder if/when he gets his first stinger and can't walk the next day what he thinks then. 

He was different in his final season. Melancholy Gronk. I wish him all the very best, but I can see another early retirement. 

Maybe part of that was because they tried to ship him off to the Lions before the season started. :ph34r: Right after 2 touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

I haven't seen this video before, it looks as though it was only released yesterday although it must have been filmed months ago:

The bit between 0:55 and 1:05 is very interesting. Refused to talk to the Pats after the Super Bowl loss to the Eagles and 'everybody had a little sour grapes going'. Makes you wonder how deep the Butler benching ramifications were on some relationships in that locker room.

15 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Maybe part of that was because they tried to ship him off to the Lions before the season started. :ph34r: Right after 2 touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

I haven't seen this video before, it looks as though it was only released yesterday although it must have been filmed months ago:

The bit between 0:55 and 1:05 is very interesting. Refused to talk to the Pats after the Super Bowl loss to the Eagles and 'everybody had a little sour grapes going'. Makes you wonder how deep the Butler benching ramifications were on some relationships in that locker room.

Interesting.

I always took the moodiness of that off-season as being a by-product of losing a SB. Made worse by the nature of the loss (i.e ruining the opposition D and still losing). I thought al the handwringing from everyone else about BB pishing everyone else off was just - handwringing. I also thought my opinion was vindicasted when all of TB/RG/BB came back the next season and won the superbowl.

Would LOVE to hear the true stuff from all that in an autobiography one day 

It always bothers me that people talk about Butler not playing like it was the reason the Patriots loss. The fact is that season Butler wasn't really that good. He started 11 of 16 regular season games, he was the 51st ranked CB, gave up the third most TDs at his position, 11th most yards at his position, and was ranked 108 in yards after the catch. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jofos said:

It always bothers me that people talk about Butler not playing like it was the reason the Patriots loss. The fact is that season Butler wasn't really that good. He started 11 of 16 regular season games, he was the 51st ranked CB, gave up the third most TDs at his position, 11th most yards at his position, and was ranked 108 in yards after the catch. 

God he was terrible that year.  Didn't do much better after he left either.

2 hours ago, jofos said:

I know, it's boring. It was just an easy stick to hit us with.

3 hours ago, jofos said:

It's the last minute change that cost us. Had BB communicated it earlier we might have had a better chance. BB's refusal to explain himself is a a bad look too. We should have stuck Gilmore on Jeffrey all night long and have Butler with McCourty up top to help take care of Agholor.

Edited by Elky

5 hours ago, jofos said:

Because the defense in the previous 2 games gave up 14 and 20 points 

Draft pick (139) acquired for Gronk was essentially used to trade up for Devin Asiasi (91). The other pick remaining from that packaged trade up was Justin Rohrwasser(159). So these are the two players acquired indirectly for Gronk. We'll see how this turns out. 

13 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Draft pick (139) acquired for Gronk was essentially used to trade up for Devin Asiasi (91). The other pick remaining from that packaged trade up was Justin Rohrwasser(159). So these are the two players acquired indirectly for Gronk. We'll see how this turns out. 

Both pressing needs