Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

1 hour ago, CoverZero said:

Definitely looks like a natural catching the ball. Haven't seen much comment on his blocking ability. 

In Dane Brugler's draft guide, he says "As a blocker, he gets in the way, but doesn't have the desired inline power to anchor in pass pro or move defenders in the run game". 

That's basically how I described Hayden Hurst's blocking abilities when we drafted him, so I don't think it should hold Breeland back too much considering it'd likely be the same role

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoverZero said:

Definitely looks like a natural catching the ball. Haven't seen much comment on his blocking ability. 

I watched a little of him. Definitely not the fastest. Probably somewhere in between Mark Andrews and Nick Boyle speed wise. But what I like is he seems to find a soft spot against the zone well to “get open”, which with Andrews having durability concerns it’ll be important to have Breeland as a guy that could be our backup “receiving TE” in that Dallas Clark mold.

• Like 1

Breeland kind of reminds me of Andrews with the way he moves. Almost looks slow and lumbering but long strides make that decieving. Looks like he really uses his hands well to pluck the ball, and makes kind of calculated smooth cuts and moves after he catches it.

Edited by Boodgyman5220
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

In Dane Brugler's draft guide, he says "As a blocker, he gets in the way, but doesn't have the desired inline power to anchor in pass pro or move defenders in the run game". 

That's basically how I described Hayden Hurst's blocking abilities when we drafted him, so I don't think it should hold Breeland back too much considering it'd likely be the same role

Hurst was a certainly more explosive though which made him a better H-back fit where you could flex him in as a FB or H slot, JB doesn’t seem to have that same level of explosiveness. Hopefully we at least keep him away from the full intricacies of Hurst’s role... which was kind of a similar role as Kyle Juszczyk’s in yesteryears plus as an in-line TE that gets in the way, plus a Dallas Clark spread TE.

Had he been a 3rd round pick his versatility to essentially do all those things would’ve been great. But as a 1st round pick, that comes with the ego that you’ve got to be “the guy” it all runs through. He was very versatile... just not the best at any of those things.

While Breeland isn’t as good, I think he’s probably better at consistently presenting himself in zone coverage. I’ll bet Lamar has better chemistry with him and he provides similar yardage output as Hurst in the past few seasons... just without the same level of advanced versatility.

Edited by diamondbull424

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I watched a little of him. Definitely not the fastest. Probably somewhere in between Mark Andrews and Nick Boyle speed wise. But what I like is he seems to find a soft spot against the zone well to “get open”, which with Andrews having durability concerns it’ll be important to have Breeland as a guy that could be our backup “receiving TE” in that Dallas Clark mold.

Yep, I think the offense would suffer more losing Andrews and not having a backup that can be a passing threat as opposed to losing Boyle and not having a backup that can be a blocking threat. Neither is ideal but Ricard can somewhat cover for Boyle, albeit in a different way. 

• Like 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111648/article/undrafted-rookie-free-agents-team-signings-after-2020-nfl-draft

The reported list of undrafted free agents so far:

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

52 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111648/article/undrafted-rookie-free-agents-team-signings-after-2020-nfl-draft

The reported list of undrafted free agents so far:

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

Which one of these is the next guy EDC fleeces somebody for a pick? 

• Like 1

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/thors-snap-draft-grades

Baltimore Ravens | Snap Grade: A

Pick Name Position Rk SPARQ RAS Comp Ht Wt

1.28 Patrick Queen LB2 22 83.8 8.1 Thomas Davis 6'0 229

2.55 JK Dobbins RB5 77 --- --- Domanick Williams 5'9 209

3.71 Justin Madubuike DL3 38 --- 9.18 Kenny Clark 6'2 293

3.92 Devin Duvernay WR15 99 68.2 8.24 Hakeem Nicks 5'10 200

3.98 Malik Harrison LB9 85 77.2 9.55 Germaine Pratt 6'3 247

3.106 Tyre Phillips iOL11 164 17.7 6.17 Ty Nsekhe 6'5 331

4.143 Ben Bredeson iOL9 154 56.5 8.6 Joe Dahl 6'4 315

5.170 Broderick Washington Jr. DL23 255 --- --- Andrew Billings 6'2 305

6.201 James Proche WR25 205 --- 3.99 Hunter Renfrow 5'11 201

7.219 Geno Stone S10 130 25.7 2.91 Todd Scott 5'10 207

It feels like I give the Ravens the same grade every year. But dang if they didn’t do it again. Getting huge values in Queen and Madubuike to fill crucial needs almost seemed unfair.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/thors-snap-draft-grades

Baltimore Ravens | Snap Grade: A

Pick Name Position Rk SPARQ RAS Comp Ht Wt

1.28 Patrick Queen LB2 22 83.8 8.1 Thomas Davis 6'0 229

2.55 JK Dobbins RB5 77 --- --- Domanick Williams 5'9 209

3.71 Justin Madubuike DL3 38 --- 9.18 Kenny Clark 6'2 293

3.92 Devin Duvernay WR15 99 68.2 8.24 Hakeem Nicks 5'10 200

3.98 Malik Harrison LB9 85 77.2 9.55 Germaine Pratt 6'3 247

3.106 Tyre Phillips iOL11 164 17.7 6.17 Ty Nsekhe 6'5 331

4.143 Ben Bredeson iOL9 154 56.5 8.6 Joe Dahl 6'4 315

5.170 Broderick Washington Jr. DL23 255 --- --- Andrew Billings 6'2 305

6.201 James Proche WR25 205 --- 3.99 Hunter Renfrow 5'11 201

7.219 Geno Stone S10 130 25.7 2.91 Todd Scott 5'10 207

It feels like I give the Ravens the same grade every year. But dang if they didn’t do it again. Getting huge values in Queen and Madubuike to fill crucial needs almost seemed unfair.

I feel like I hate most of his comps. Some are fine. But Duvernay comps to Hakeem Nicks???? 😂

JK Dobbins to Dominic Davis/Williams? Meh.

Not sure of all the other options... but looking at some of the other team/player comps and I’m not a fan. The one that I do like however is Derrick Brown to Kris Jenkins... that’s a pretty good comp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Definitely not a fan of Bradley Anae, I get he has a ton of coverage sacks, but he’s like the collegiate version of Matt Judon. He has even less upside at the next level. See a 3-4 sack guy, just don’t get why analysts were giving him a 3rd round grade to begin with. Felt like his talent and effort level was roughly a 5th/6th rounder and thus he got drafted about right on schedule.