2020 Round 1, Pick 2: Washington Redskins select DE Chase Young, Ohio State

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m just glad this all came together!!! A super tough and fast edge to go beside Payne or anyone of those powerful interior guys settle is a tough pusher. This is a group of fast big guys it’s going to be special.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I’ll def take London’s opinion on a player. Man I miss watching that guy even at a elevated age just making plays younger guys still miss. Hopefully Chase gives this fanbase something special for a long time

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The guy with the Rubik's cube comment is obviously being a jack*** and shouldn't have a job if he's not going to take it seriously.

Yeah, this guy sounds like an idiot:

Source 1: “They got a smart dude who can do a Rubik’s Cube. I don’t think you do Rubik’s Cube in football. I’ve seen a lot of guys who can’t do a Rubik’s Cube, but boy, are they football smart and are situational football smart. Your quarterback. He’s not very situational football smart. He’s taking a selfie with somebody. That’s a great story about the Rubik’s Cube. But really, who cares? Yeah, if I need him to teach me that, I want to meet him. Let him teach me how to do that stuff. But you know, I want to know if he can catch the ball and run and win games for me. Right? It’s all about production again. He has talent, there’s no question about it. You can tell people like, and we all see things a little differently, have different values. Some people like light beer, some like IPAs. I like all beers.”

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, this guy sounds like an idiot:

Source 1: “They got a smart dude who can do a Rubik’s Cube. I don’t think you do Rubik’s Cube in football. I’ve seen a lot of guys who can’t do a Rubik’s Cube, but boy, are they football smart and are situational football smart. Your quarterback. He’s not very situational football smart. He’s taking a selfie with somebody. That’s a great story about the Rubik’s Cube. But really, who cares? Yeah, if I need him to teach me that, I want to meet him. Let him teach me how to do that stuff. But you know, I want to know if he can catch the ball and run and win games for me. Right? It’s all about production again. He has talent, there’s no question about it. You can tell people like, and we all see things a little differently, have different values. Some people like light beer, some like IPAs. I like all beers.”

I mean, wtf, it's like he doesn't even know anything about AGG as a prospect, and if he does why would he focus on the Rubik’s cube, which is not why AGG was even drafted, it's just a cool thing he can do. What a moron, he must be a division rival just hating on the Redskins.

And what does taking a selfie on the sidelines have to do with situational football? The answer is, it doesn't. It was a lapse in judgment by a 22-year old QB, it was poor common sense at the time. The Redskins put a lot of work in scouting both players, maybe this so-called ”scout” should do the same.

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, wtf, it's like he doesn't even know anything about AGG as a prospect, and if he does why would he focus on the Rubik’s cube, which is not why AGG was even drafted, it's just a cool thing he can do. What a moron, he must be a division rival just hating on the Redskins.

And what does taking a selfie on the sidelines have to do with situational football? The answer is, it doesn't. It was a lapse in judgment by a 22-year old QB, it was poor common sense at the time. The Redskins put a lot of work in scouting both players, maybe this so-called ”scout” should do the same.

It honestly sounds like Bruce Allen to me. He likes beer, and he has that politician-like ability to talk forever and say absolutely nothing of substance. 

Whoever it was, what a sour puss. Tony Romo didn’t play golf on the football field, but they sure talked about it a lot when he was playing. Tarik Cohen has never done a backflip while catching a pass on the field, but I’ve sure seen the clip of him doing it a lot. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif doesn’t do a lot of on-field medical treatment, and something tells me Tristan Wirfs won’t take a lot of snaps in a 3.5 foot pool. They’re just interesting stories about these guys as humans, it gives them some depth and humanity instead of just being commodities bought, traded, and depleted in the course of business.

Sorry it bothers you that some people might enjoy hearing that some 4th round comp pick happens to be one of the most interesting men in the world, instead of just hearing for the trillionth time that he’s got upside but fell because of timed speed, low level of competition, and drops as a junior. No one thought being able to solve a Rubik’s cube and bowl a 300 game makes him the next Randy Moss.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sorry it bothers you that some people might enjoy hearing that some 4th round comp pick happens to be one of the most interesting men in the world, instead of just hearing for the trillionth time that he’s got upside but fell because of timed speed, low level of competition, and drops as a junior. No one thought being able to solve a Rubik’s cube and bowl a 300 game makes him the next Randy Moss.

Certainly beats about hearing every prospect's dead father/mother/grandmother/horse

• Like 1