2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I get that Winfield has ties here, never understood the desire to take a Safety and we’re set at slot CB with either Gladney or Hughes. Some good DTs still on the board and Cleveland is an interesting option. Fulton and Johnson are still out there if we want another boundary CB.

Smith is older and his current counterpart is on a one year deal... also no other safeties on roster, and Winfield could play in some nickel/dime packages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I get that Winfield has ties here, never understood the desire to take a Safety and we’re set at slot CB with either Gladney or Hughes. Some good DTs still on the board and Cleveland is an interesting option. Fulton and Johnson are still out there if we want another boundary CB.

It's not just for this year. Who know what happens with Harris. Smith is getting older. And depth at slot. And he is a very good player

Just now, AWinfield26 said:

Could Espensa switch to DT in the nickel package??

Would be a good base end if they truly are going to switch to more of a traditional under front.  Kick Hunter to the LEO role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

It's not just for this year. Who know what happens with Harris. Smith is getting older. And depth at slot. And he is a very good player

I’d be surprised if they make picks for the future this early. I think they look to fill immediate needs early. I’d expect an OL or DL in round two and that player probably plays a lot as a rookie. Plus, it seems clear that Zimmer has a thing for 6-0 or taller Safeties.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Would be a good base end if they truly are going to switch to more of a traditional under front.  Kick Hunter to the LEO role.

Hunter would almost certainly be the LEO. I wonder about 3T or the under. Or even if they don't change to the under.

I know a lot won't be on board but right now I'm all about getting Mims but would be perfectly fine with any of these others

Trevon Diggs (CB)

Ezra Cleveland (OL)

Terrell Lewis (EDGE)

Chase Claypool (WR)

Prince Tega-Wanogho (OT)

Jaylon Johnson (CB)

Justin Madubuike (DT)

• Like 1

Just now, Cearbhall said:

Hunter would almost certainly be the LEO. I wonder about 3T or the under. Or even if they don't change to the under.

3T is a position they've ignored far too long since Floyd had the unfortunate surgery mishap, and one year of Sheldon Richardson (who was very good for the first half of the year).

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d be surprised if they make picks for the future this early. I think they look to fill immediate needs early. I’d expect an OL or DL in round two and that player probably plays a lot as a rookie. Plus, it seems clear that Zimmer has a thing for 6-0 or taller Safeties.

Well it's not entirely for the future. He could definitely come in and contribute right away. But it's a moot point now