3.68 Ashtyn Davis

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

my problem with this is that Adams himself has said they've never discussed numbers.  I think Jamal's taking advice from his agent and his agent is failing him.  Any information on numbers most likely is leaked or thrown out there by his agent, who seems to be poisoning JA's mind. 

Adams is most likely skewing the truth as he has done repeatedly.  But it is also possible they did not talk numbers because JD was not going to extend him with the virus making things uncertain.  Regardless, Adams' demands are over the top and his behavior childish.  Agree about his agent.  It is their job to get the most they can for their client, but when things start to sour, it is their job to reel them in.

• Like 1

Becomes more and more obvious that Adams (and apparently even his agent) have no clue how contracts work. And have no clue that they have 0 leverage. There's no way Adams sits out 2 years of football. The fines have gone up for players holding out and the team "apparently" can't erase the fines like they used to (from what I understand). Wont take too long for him to be really hurting himself money wise sitting out or holding out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Becomes more and more obvious that Adams (and apparently even his agent) have no clue how contracts work. And have no clue that they have 0 leverage. There's no way Adams sits out 2 years of football. The fines have gone up for players holding out and the team "apparently" can't erase the fines like they used to (from what I understand). Wont take too long for him to be really hurting himself money wise sitting out or holding out.

And it's no secret that Jamal certainly lived up to his new means when he signed his rookie contract. He constantly posts pics of his huge house, rolls royce, g wagon, etc. as well as expensive bottles of wine and other luxury items. He literally cannot afford to sit out and not get paid. 

Edited by mattmanz91

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think the scenario we are looking at is he isn’t moved- has to put his head down and play out the season and a trade happens after that.

Not ideal, but it is what it is.

He has no choice.  A holdout will cost him millions and not playing to the level expected will also cost him millions.  I'd expect Adams to rock the house in 2020 on the field and to continue being a social media meat-head.   

At the trade deadline something may get done depending on other teams' positioning and needs.  Otherwise, it'll be next spring.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Back to Davis.... a S duo of Maye and him certainly isnt bad. So "IF" we traded Adams it wouldnt kill us.

Perhaps.  Davis has to play a down in the NFL so I can't determine if he is starter material or not yet.  Most likely has some growing and learning to do.  Looks like a promising prospect but let's temper expectations until you we see him play an NFL snap ...;-)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Perhaps.  Davis has to play a down in the NFL so I can't determine if he is starter material or not yet.  Most likely has some growing and learning to do.  Looks like a promising prospect but let's temper expectations until you we see him play an NFL snap ...;-)

This. If anything will help with the loss of Adams it’ll be getting Mosley and Williamson back healthy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree that Davis has to play to see what we have. But my point is, it’s not like we don’t have a FS and SS potential solution is Adams is traded.

Davis was a good pick because Adams has to play this year. He also has to play very well because he wants that big contract he better show that he did not slip. I think Davis is going to be a beast. The guy plays like this will be his last down. He was given nothing and worked for every play he could get on the field. I think Davis is like the Honey Badger who can play several spots in the backfield