The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Come on man we’ve gone around the world and back on all that above lol

haha fair enough. I do not blame the D at all for this past season. I thought they played as well as they realistically would with a bunch of new players , new scheme and taking time to gel. They did better than I thought. 

This team was basically exactly where I thought they would've been last year, and possibly would've done even better without some distractions i didnt see coming

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha fair enough. I do not blame the D at all for this past season. I thought they played as well as they realistically would with a bunch of new players , new scheme and taking time to gel. They did better than I thought. 

This team was basically exactly where I thought they would've been last year, and possibly would've done even better without some distractions i didnt see coming

Definitely agree except I didn’t think the defense would play as well as they did especially in December.

I will say this I think it’s a spit in the face to our team, players etc that carr is only willing to take a pay cut for devonte.

I'm paying Carr and not worrying if my QB gets into any off field issues. I'm also willing to spend a high 3rd to 5th on a QB every 2 to 3 years as a back up and maybe replacement. Keep building around Carr and have someone under him learning Tony Romo style. 

• Like 2

2012: Flacco, Rookie Contract.

2013: Wilson, Rookie Contract. 

2014: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2015: Peyton Manning, Restructured his contract to take a 25% discount specifically for this season. 

2016: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2017: Carson Wentz, Rookie Contract. Foles, Backup Money. 

2018: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2019: Patrick Mahomes, Rookie Contract. 

2020: Tom Brady, Discount. 

2021: Matt Stafford breaks the norm, but Rams went completely “All In” like a Baseball team. After next season, their window will be closed for a long time.  

I don’t everrrr wanna hear the salary cap doesn’t matter when it comes to QB’s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I will say this I think it’s a spit in the face to our team, players etc that carr is only willing to take a pay cut for devonte.

Fair enough, but I definitely think your opinion on Carr is tainting your view on this. 
1. I dont think Carr said that.
2. Players normally commend other players for going for the max contract. It is typically an Us against the Owners vibe I feel. 

Was Dak signing for 40mil a spit in the face to anyone on Dal?
Ive literally never heard this before, and truly think its more you are just mad we are (apparently) giving Carr an extension. 

I believe this is all that Carr has really said on Adams:

"Davante, he's one of my best friends. I'm gonna offer him whatever I gotta offer. I'll buy him a car, whatever I've got to do I'll offer that man. I know he would fit in great with the receivers we have here. He would fit so well in that room. I'm allowed to say those things. Our organization isn't, but I'm going to say it. He's my best friend, I think he's one of the best—he's the best receiver in the NFL."

unfortunately Carr taking what a 150K discount, whatever a car Adams wants, isnt really the difference between either Adams or Crosby signing here. 
If you are suggesting Crosby is offended Carr hasnt offered to buy him a car, I have no idea to tell you, but I am 99.99% sure Crosby will be able to afford his own car lol

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok fair enough

answer me this:

do you think that fact the carr camp says he will only take a pay cut for devonte adams. But subsequently not for his own teammates like maxx makes a good statement.

What do you think? I would like him to take 5 million and sign adams and jc jackson and win the super bowl. I think everyone on some level wants to get paid. I'm hoping he takes a cap friendly 30-35, which will be much better for winning. I agree if he gets 40, he can't complain about not winning if we could have used that $ for other players.

19 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough, but I definitely think your opinion on Carr is tainting your view on this. 
1. I dont think Carr said that.
2. Players normally commend other players for going for the max contract. It is typically an Us against the Owners vibe I feel. 

Was Dak signing for 40mil a spit in the face to anyone on Dal?
Ive literally never heard this before, and truly think its more you are just mad we are (apparently) giving Carr an extension. 

According to Sports Illustrated’s Hondo Carpenter, Carr would be inclined to give the Raiders a more team-friendly deal with the understanding that some of that savings would go toward acquiring Davante Adams from Green Bay.

“I one hundred percent believe Derek Carr would take less money if it went into the Davante [Adams] pool,” Carpenter said on Raider Nation Radio 920 AM’s The Morning Tailgate with Clay Baker. “Let’s just say that I believe that with 100 percent certainty based on conversation I have had with people who are in the know. If Derek has to take a little bit less to get Davante, he will.”

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-derek-carr-willing-to-take-less-money-to-bring-davante-adams-to-the-raiders/

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What do you think? I would like him to take 5 million and sign adams and jc jackson and win the super bowl. I think everyone on some level wants to get paid. I'm hoping he takes a cap friendly 30-35, which will be much better for winning. I agree if he gets 40, he can't complain about not winning if we could have used that $ for other players.

I think he earned 30mil maybe 33

agree with the rest tho

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

According to Sports Illustrated’s Hondo Carpenter, Carr would be inclined to give the Raiders a more team-friendly deal with the understanding that some of that savings would go toward acquiring Davante Adams from Green Bay.

“I one hundred percent believe Derek Carr would take less money if it went into the Davante [Adams] pool,” Carpenter said on Raider Nation Radio 920 AM’s The Morning Tailgate with Clay Baker. “Let’s just say that I believe that with 100 percent certainty based on conversation I have had with people who are in the know. If Derek has to take a little bit less to get Davante, he will.”

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-derek-carr-willing-to-take-less-money-to-bring-davante-adams-to-the-raiders/

All indications so far is like a 3-4M discount which is nothing when it comes to 40M. If he takes 36 instead of 40 thinking we are gonna get Adams, he’s a moron. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fair enough, I never listen to the media takes. I prefer to just take the actual quotes. 
Media always seems to be wrong with raider takes, unless its us reaching on someone in the draft lol

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think he earned 30mil maybe 33

agree with the rest tho

Yeah I think that would be fair. If you want to win I agree you need to be willing to take a small cut in cash. Same goes for Maxx. Does he want 30 or bust. Or will he take 20. Same with Waller. And the list goes on.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough, I never listen to the media takes. I prefer to just take the actual quotes. 
Media always seems to be wrong with raider takes, unless its us reaching on someone in the draft lol

Lol his brother/lawyer/agent/defender aka David also said the same… fwiw that’s where I heard it first

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol his brother/lawyer/agent/defender aka David also said the same… fwiw that’s where I heard it first

Obviously he wants to play with his friend from college, if that hurts other peoples feelings I dont know what to tell you. 
People call Carr soft . .. . 
If Crosby is upset about Carr wanting to play with Adams, I dont think anyone can call Carr the softest player on the team LOL

• Like 1