The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Who does this on this forum? Who has said this? And no, your perception doesn't count. If you make this claim, point out where it's been said otherwise, you're just trying to talk ****.

There have been a few people that have argued him having a really good season because of his yardage but ignoring the TDs.  Nobody I believe has said they value yards over TDs but I did read once someone saying the TDs are not a good representation because we score TDs running the football in the redzone.  It is not completely black and white but neither is anyone's opinion about Carr.  I have not read anyone say we should get rid of Carr just to get rid of him and even @Frankie2Gunz probably would have drafted Josh Allen to replace Carr if he fell to us.  Everyone has there one personal line in the sand.  We are all just arguing where our particular line is.

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

There have been a few people that have argued him having a really good season because of his yardage but ignoring the TDs.  Nobody I believe has said they value yards over TDs but I did read once someone saying the TDs are not a good representation because we score TDs running the football in the redzone.  It is not completely black and white but neither is anyone's opinion about Carr.  I have not read anyone say we should get rid of Carr just to get rid of him and even @Frankie2Gunz probably would have drafted Josh Allen to replace Carr if he fell to us.  Everyone has there one personal line in the sand.  We are all just arguing where our particular line is.

Literally posters here claimed he was in “mvp” consideration due to yardage. Jtagg You can look it up or maybe some posters can own up to it to make your life easier 

24 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

They're not wrong in suggesting TDs are not a good stat to go off of b/c other people do score. I do agree that the debating comes from where the line is but when people (seemingly) blatantly make **** up, I call them out on it. Inconsistent thoughts will cause me to do that as well like complaining Carr doesn't score enough TDs but last time Mariota was a starting QB, the team had one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I think it was actually THE worst but I'm not certain on that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Literally posters here claimed he was in “mvp” consideration due to yardage. Jtagg You can look it up or maybe some posters can own up to it to make your life easier 

I'm not going to research your claim. Knowing the source of where the claim is coming from, I'm going to assume it's bull**** and no one has said that. Feel free to prove me wrong if you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not going to research your claim. Knowing the source of where the claim is coming from, I'm going to assume it's bull**** and no one has said that. Feel free to prove me wrong if you want.

If anything I think it was more to do with how much the team had gone through and still got to the playoffs . . but I dont recall anyone actually saying he should be the mvp. That or he is talking about when we were 5-2, and at that point it was more about our record then his passing yards. 
It is a typical exaggeration.

Plenty of real arguments to make about moving on from Carr . . . Fumbles when he gets hit, lobs his deep ball way to much. . . but some just always go above and beyond and make crazy claims 

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What was your position in November when carr was in a td slump? Did you think the lack of td production was a non issue?

12 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just go look in the carr appreciation thread lots of good stuff there

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They're not wrong in suggesting TDs are not a good stat to go off of b/c other people do score. I do agree that the debating comes from where the line is but when people (seemingly) blatantly make **** up, I call them out on it. Inconsistent thoughts will cause me to do that as well like complaining Carr doesn't score enough TDs but last time Mariota was a starting QB, the team had one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I think it was actually THE worst but I'm not certain on that.

Nice 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/redzone-passing.htm

Look at Attempts and TDs
Carr is 11th in passing attempts inside the 20, and and tied for 12th in passing TDs inside the 20.
Tied for 12th inside the passing attempts inside the 10, and tied for 11th in passing TDs.

It seems pretty obvious, that his lack of redzone TDs comes from attempts, pretty strong correlation right there. 

Yet me saying we run a lot in the redzone is labeled an excuse. It is pure statistics, the more opportunties you get to throw, the more TDs you end up with

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If anything I think it was more to do with how much the team had gone through and still got to the playoffs . . but I dont recall anyone actually saying he should be the mvp. That or he is talking about when we were 5-2, and at that point it was more about our record then his passing yards. 
It is a typical exaggeration.

Plenty of real arguments to make about moving on from Carr . . . Fumbles when he gets hit, lobs his deep ball way to much. . . but some just always go above and beyond and make crazy claims 

The MVP talks were shelved after like week 4 or something from what I recall. I wasn't posting here then but that's what the talking heads were doing at least. 

There are certainly reasons for moving on just like there's reasons for staying w/ him. I'll remain consistent in the notion that until someone better is available, I want him to be our guy. This rookie class is extremely uninspiring as well. Next year's class though, we'll see what happens. Maybe McD can get the most out of him. It's certainly possible.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just go look in the carr appreciation thread lots of good stuff there

I know you don't comprehend things very well but I'll try again:

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/redzone-passing.htm

Look at Attempts and TDs
Carr is 11th in passing attempts inside the 20, and and tied for 12th in passing TDs inside the 20.
Tied for 12th inside the passing attempts inside the 10, and tied for 11th in passing TDs.

It seems pretty obvious, that his lack of redzone TDs comes from attempts, pretty strong correlation right there. 

Yet me saying we run a lot in the redzone is labeled an excuse. It is pure statistics, the more opportunties you get to throw, the more TDs you end up with

Factor in our red zone play calling was predictable trash as well. Carr certainly deserves some blame but certain people here want him to shoulder ALL of it, if not majority and that's just not realistic.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What was your position in November when carr was in a td slump? Did you think the lack of td production was a non issue?

No one ever said it wasn't an issue, especially me. You have a huge problem reading the words that are typed. You seemingly just look at the screen and assume the words are what you want them to be rather than what they actually are.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Factor in our red zone play calling was predictable trash as well. Carr certainly deserves some blame but certain people here want him to should ALL of it, if not majority and that's just not realistic.

yup, and Id imagine wed be top 3 in Redzone penalties as well.
Everything gets tougher in the redzone as the D has less to cover. 

Factor in bad play calling, bad penalties on top of Carr not being elite in the redzone, it makes sense he wouldnt be in the top 10 in redzone TDs, without having top 10 attempts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yup, and Id imagine wed be top 3 in Redzone penalties as well.
Everything gets tougher in the redzone as the D has less to cover. 

Factor in bad play calling, bad penalties on top of Carr not being elite in the redzone, it makes sense he wouldnt be in the top 10 in redzone TDs, without having top 10 attempts. 

Didnt' even think of penalties. Is there a site that shows who had the most RZ penalties? I'd disgustingly like to see where we're ranked there. I will look it up after my next call when I have a minute.