The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guys aren't going to be excited about losing this season.

No they will not but the situation would be viewed very differently.  Most thought McDaniels screwed over Cutler.  My example would be seen as Carr being greedy.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

No they will not but the situation would be viewed very differently.  Most thought McDaniels screwed over Cutler.  My example would be seen as Carr being greedy.

Players do not care about the salary cap, lol. They want to win football games now. They're not going to say good job Josh, you saved $5M for next year so maybe we can get JuJu.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Players do not care about the salary cap, lol. They want to win football games now. They're not going to say good job Josh, you saved $5M for next year so maybe we can get JuJu.

You’d be such a great GM and business owner. Just give into players highest demands right away due to fear of loss. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

You’d be such a great GM and business owner. Just give into players highest demands right away due to fear of loss. 

Do you think the team is going to be happy if we trade away Carr with literally no viable option to replace him? lol 

I'm not saying hand Carr a blank check, I've already said what I would pay him buddy. 

We'd have Tua starting at QB if you ran the team.

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Players understand the business side of football and want every player to maximize their earning power. It is the teams job to balance the cap and players job to max their value

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Players understand the business side of football and want every player to maximize their earning power. It is the teams job to balance the cap and players job to max their value

Everyone on our team takes a ding in terms of being able to maximize their value if we trade Carr.

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Spotrac has his market value at $14M APY. 

Michael Gallup has been more productive than Renfrow and got 5 yr/$57M. 

Allen Robinson has been significantly more productive than Renfrow and got 3 yr/$45M. 

I love Renfrow but he's pretty limited as a slot only WR, he doesn't have the versatility or the consistent production that those two have, and their deals didn't break the bank. 

Robinson very fortunate to get 15 million. He had 38 catches and 1TD last season. We could easily blame coaching and QB situation but his numbers were still mediocre. If he was an FA last year with numbers he probably gets north of 20

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Robinson very fortunate to get 15 million. He had 38 catches and 1TD last season. We could easily blame coaching and QB situation but his numbers were still mediocre. If he was an FA last year with numbers he probably gets north of 20

Robinson has had multiple seasons with elite production despite playing with terrible quarterbacks throughout his career. 

Renfrow is the one player who I'd wait on extending. He had a good season last year but it was almost purely due to volume, he only averaged 10 ypc. When we had more receiving options around him he was significantly less productive and I think it's fair to expect his production will take a dip this year with Adams/Waller.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Robinson has had multiple seasons with elite production despite playing with terrible quarterbacks throughout his career. 

Renfrow is the one player who I'd wait on extending. He had a good season last year but it was almost purely due to volume, he only averaged 10 ypc. When we had more receiving options around him he was significantly less productive and I think it's fair to expect his production will take a dip this year with Adams/Waller.

Love Renfrow, but he is more replaceable than Adams/Waller. Any reasonably decent WR would benefit from playing with those 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Love Renfrow, but he is more replaceable than Adams/Waller. Any reasonably decent WR would benefit from playing with those 2.

Yeah, everyone is also overvaluing the effect that Kirk's deal will have on other WR's future deals. JuJu only got $3.2M and guys like Landry, Julio, and OBJ haven't even been signed yet. IIRC Landry is the most productive slot player in the league since he was drafted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Every player understands it is a business.  If we traded Carr because he had demands that were to high the players are not going quit on the coach.  They might not be happy but they will understand.  There is not a player or analyst that is going to second guess us if we traded Carr for demanding a top 3 contract.  Players do not care about the cap when it comes to their contract but any player that understands the cap cares when others are getting paid.  You said it yourself that players do not want to lose.  When players see others getting more than they are worth they understand it hurts the teams ability to get better.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Did Adams want Rodgers to maximize his contract?  All of it is within reason and as long as it helps them get paid.  As soon as there is a hard choice they do take it personal.