2020 NFL Draft - Day Three Discussion

RpMc

1 minute ago, byuvike88 said:

The amount of people asking for Rick to be fired for simply not drafting Tyler Johnson is hilarious

I want Rick fired, but not for that reason. Still, I'll support the people that want him fired for that reason since we have common interests. I haven't seen any of these people. Where are they? It will be nice to start forming some alliances to help push for my desired outcome.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

I want Rick fired, but not for that reason. Still, I'll support the people that want him fired for that reason since we have common interests. I haven't seen any of these people. Where are they? It will be nice to start forming some alliances to help push for my desired outcome.

Just look on Twitter my friend. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I don't get what he is thinking with all the low picks, but even I will say that is a gigantic overreaction.

It's a statistical approach to the draft - career values from the 3rd to 7th round are pretty similar, more draft picks = more chances to get contributing players.

1 minute ago, byuvike88 said:

Just look on Twitter my friend. 

Ah, I would have to get a Twitter account of my own to communicate with those people. I am not quite that motivated. If some of them make it into contact with me I'll try and stoke the flames of whatever fire is motivating them towards wanting Rick fired.

I think he is hitting a home run with this draft. Would I like more O-line? Yes... but we are drafting solid every pick that we take and we are grabbing more resources along the way. We already gained another 4th round pick next year, I would be willing to bet we walk out of this draft with 12+ players and even more future picks... and we are still drafting fantastic value and talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Rick has absolutley nailed the draft to this point.  We couldnt ask for any GM to do a better job right now.  The Vikes do well with late pick development or "finding gems" historically with this current management.  

1 minute ago, V1K3S said:

Hoping for Prince Tega Wanogho with out next pick. I think he could be a big upgrade at LG for us.
Collin Johnson was another guy I liked (but he just got picked by Jacksonville).

Does he even project to be a guard? I'd like to grab him as a developmental guy, but i wouldn't expect him to step in this year anywhere along the line.

2 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

Rick has absolutley nailed the draft to this point.  We couldnt ask for any GM to do a better job right now.  The Vikes do well with late pick development or "finding gems" historically with this current management.  

I don't have a problem with any of the moves by themselves. Individually, they are fine. My problem is more philosophical. I believe that offensive line ought to be one of the strengths of the team and would prioritize it as such. Spielman either disagrees (likely) or is simply incapable of building that identity.

The team still hasn't picked up any good guard prospects for next year. Samia is the best they have. Elflein and Dozier, who wouldn't be good guard prospects for '21 anyway, are both on expiring contracts.

• Like 1