Trent Williams traded to 49ers

In today's NFL, it is rare that these guys go up against each other in full pads, at full intensity, so I am not sure if it really helps these guys to go up against each other at practice or not.  In training camp, I feel it's absolutely something that helps, but soon after that, things become mostly walkthroughs and film sessions.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In today's NFL, it is rare that these guys go up against each other in full pads, at full intensity, so I am not sure if it really helps these guys to go up against each other at practice or not.  In training camp, I feel it's absolutely something that helps, but soon after that, things become mostly walkthroughs and film sessions.  

I’d say everything will help our young OTs when they go against Young & Sweat. Last year Donald Penn said in practice he went at Sweat like it was a game to help him develop and that helped Sweat be ready.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s going to help Charles, Christian and Lucas going up against Chase everyday in practice, hopefully that makes them better.

Hopefully Chase is punishing Lucas, and Christian. I'd be Excited to see some Good Matchups between Chase and Charles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Some stuff in here about how the deal came about.  Sounds like we had a lot of teams interested, but they probably all landed tackles in the draft.  Sounds like the 49ers were a backup plan.  

How many minutes in? I don’t want to listen to Peter effin King for 35 minutes...