Trent Williams traded to 49ers

52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Things heal in time.  Maybe he and Snyder sit down for dinner 15-20 years from now and old wounds have gone away and they both are agreeable to doing it?  Hard to tell at this point.  

Trent had that choice in February and he basically gave Ron Rivera, and by proxy Dan Snyder, the middle finger and forced his way out of DC which, he had been trying to do for 8 months last year when Brice & Jay were still in charge. 

Trent easily could have accepted Ron’s challenge - which Ron rightfully made to Dunny & Trent - to “PROVE IT” - but just like Dunny, Trent then demanded that he be traded.

Again, like with Dunny, that’s on them, not on Ron. Ron doesn’t owe any of the players that he inherited from the last regime anything, they have to “PROVE IT” on the field to him that they deserve to be Redskins moving forward.

Wow! Such a breath of fresh air!

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Trent had that choice in February and he basically gave Ron Rivera, and by proxy Dan Snyder, the middle finger and forced his way out of DC which, he had been trying to do for 8 months last year when Brice & Jay were still in charge. 

Trent easily could have accepted Ron’s challenge - which Ron rightfully made to Dunny & Trent - to “PROVE IT” - but just like Dunny, Trent then demanded that he be traded.

Again, like with Dunny, that’s on them, not on Ron. Ron doesn’t owe any of the players that he inherited from the last regime anything, they have to “PROVE IT” on the field to him that they deserve to be Redskins moving forward.

Wow! Such a breath of fresh air!

You aren't wrong.  I agree with what you are saying.  

But we're talking ring of honor, which could come 15-20 years down the line when cooler heads might prevail.  You just can't say never.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Things heal in time.  Maybe he and Snyder sit down for dinner 15-20 years from now and old wounds have gone away and they both are agreeable to doing it?  Hard to tell at this point.  

Him and Snyder already seem to remain cordial as Trent Williams says nice things about Snyder every chance he gets.  That is all well and good.  But Trent Williams didn't just leave he did so with malice.  He hurt this team and organization and as a fan I will never accept that he is a player who should be honored.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You aren't wrong.  I agree with what you are saying.  

But we're talking ring of honor, which could come 15-20 years down the line when cooler heads might prevail.  You just can't say never.  

I just don’t think the fanbase will ever forgive Trent for quitting on the franchise which is exactly what he did last year and, if he goes on and wins a Super Bowl with Kyle Shanahan before he retires, the knife in that wound will be dug in that much further.

I just can’t fathom a Reunion happening ever where he’d be considered in the Redskins Ring of Fame, I think Trent would get into the Hall of Fame before the Ring of Fame happens. This divorce is similar to the Lavar Arrington and Champ Bailey divorces only worse bc Lavar and Champ didn’t quit on the team and refuse to play for a year. Champ just demanded a trade and what we got in return was arguably the 2nd best RB in Redskins history. Lavar was cut by the Redskins and wanted out bc Gregg Williams wouldn’t play him over a less talented player, which is an entirely different situation as well.

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Him and Snyder already seem to remain cordial as Trent Williams says nice things about Snyder every chance he gets.  That is all well and good.  But Trent Williams didn't just leave he did so with malice.  He hurt this team and organization and as a fan I will never accept that he is a player who should be honored.  

I mean...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f7171384155e697992

19 minutes ago, offbyone said:

15-20 years later, the fans might even have a different opinion.  And I am sure that they have some sort of focus group that would help make an opinion if he is even considered.  

All I am saying, is never say never.  Jeff Jarrett held a championship title over Vince McMahon's head, got a six figure payday to drop it for one match, was fired on air when WWE acquired WCW and then started Vince's biggest competitor post-WCW and worked for them for years after selling it.  Vince brought him back two years ago as a producer backstate and gave him an on-air appearance to bring him back.  

Time changes things, and I am sure that there are a couple folks current in the Ring of Fame who had their own issues with the Redskins from time to time.  

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just don’t think the fanbase will ever forgive Trent for quitting on the franchise which is exactly what he did last year and, if he goes on and wins a Super Bowl with Kyle Shanahan before he retires, the knife in that wound will be dug in that much further.

I just can’t fathom a Reunion happening ever where he’d be considered in the Redskins Ring of Fame, I think Trent would get into the Hall of Fame before the Ring of Fame happens. This divorce is similar to the Lavar Arrington and Champ Bailey divorces only worse bc Lavar and Champ didn’t quit on the team and refuse to play for a year. Champ just demanded a trade and what we got in return was arguably the 2nd best RB in Redskins history. Lavar was cut by the Redskins and wanted out bc Gregg Williams wouldn’t play him over a less talented player, which is an entirely different situation as well.

LOL, Arrington was just as much a petulant child as you are claiming Williams to be.  Didn't want to play in the system, he said.  Just like Williams said he wouldn't come back, but then went back and said give him a new contract and he'll be happy to return.  

When you've got a defensive mastermind like Marvin Lewis saying that Arrington's freelancing and undisciplined play drove him crazy, and that was just from one season, at some point you've got to consider whether it's the player or the coaches.  

I will continue to say that Arrington is the most overrated player by the fans in our history of the franchise.  

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

15-20 years later, the fans might even have a different opinion.  And I am sure that they have some sort of focus group that would help make an opinion if he is even considered.  

All I am saying, is never say never.  Jeff Jarrett held a championship title over Vince McMahon's head, got a six figure payday to drop it for one match, was fired on air when WWE acquired WCW and then started Vince's biggest competitor post-WCW and worked for them for years after selling it.  Vince brought him back two years ago as a producer backstate and gave him an on-air appearance to bring him back.  

Time changes things, and I am sure that there are a couple folks current in the Ring of Fame who had their own issues with the Redskins from time to time.  

You are no doubt likely right.  I just won't ever look back on him as someone who should be honored or deserves honor. 

The seasons Trent Williams played for us were not seasons where we were winning things.  If we are going to honor players during this period, I think it should be players who at least always honored the team, its fans and the community.  Trent Williams is not that.  

41 minutes ago, offbyone said:

You are no doubt likely right.  I just won't ever look back on him as someone who should be honored or deserves honor. 

The seasons Trent Williams played for us were not seasons where we were winning things.  If we are going to honor players during this period, I think it should be players who at least always honored the team, its fans and the community.  Trent Williams is not that.  

I can see a lot of fans having that perspective as well.  I can't say that I would blame them either. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

LOL, Arrington was just as much a petulant child as you are claiming Williams to be.  Didn't want to play in the system, he said.  Just like Williams said he wouldn't come back, but then went back and said give him a new contract and he'll be happy to return.  

When you've got a defensive mastermind like Marvin Lewis saying that Arrington's freelancing and undisciplined play drove him crazy, and that was just from one season, at some point you've got to consider whether it's the player or the coaches.  

I will continue to say that Arrington is the most overrated player by the fans in our history of the franchise.  

Again, the difference is that Lavar didn’t quit on the team. He complained bc they wouldn’t let him play the way that made him a star years before and just be free to go make plays like they allowed say, Sean Taylor to do who also freelanced but bc Joe & Gregg drafted Sean so that was ok, but again, Lavar never quit on the team. 

Trent Williams quit on the team. 

There is no comparison.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Yes, like Ryan Kerrigan comes to mind. Trent used to, until last year. Outside of those two, I can’t think of anyone else from this decade that deserves to be in the Ring of Fame, maybe Pierre Garçon?

I consider Cooley & Moss last decade player not this decades players.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, like Ryan Kerrigan comes to mind. Trent used to, until last year. Outside of those two, I can’t think of anyone else from this decade that deserves to be in the Ring of Fame, maybe Pierre Garçon?

I consider Cooley & Moss last decade player not this decades players.

Kerrigan is definitely the easy choice.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

I have no ill feelings towards Trent but when Washington plays SF I can't wait to see Chase line up against him and have a field day sacking Jimmy G.:ph34r:

I would've loved to see that macthup in practice. With Trent facing Bosa in San Fran, I wouldn't just put Chase blowing Trent up in a game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I would've loved to see that macthup in practice. With Trent facing Bosa in San Fran, I wouldn't just put Chase blowing Trent up in a game. 

It’s going to help Charles, Christian and Lucas going up against Chase everyday in practice, hopefully that makes them better.