Trent Williams traded to 49ers

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And again you traded him to a team losing their top LT for just a 5th and 3rd round pick. His value to the 49ers should've went up to at least two 3rd round picks after losing Staley.

I can’t agree with this more. The whole point of holding on to Trent was to wait until some team got left without a seat in the OT musical chairs. And that turned out to be SF — and instead of holding their feet to the fire and daring them to find another way that would be comparable to Trent reuniting with Kyle Shanahan, we just offered them our chair for 50 cents and a package of crisps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Unfortunately, the top available players are still going to want to get paid market value next offseason as well, so we’ll likely just be rolling that cap space over and sitting on it — aside from signing a few gritty, culture guys who, with any luck, will out-grit and out-culture even the gritty, culture guys we signed this year.

Judging from Carolina's history, they won't be making any big expenditures any time soon, if ever.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

At the same time, Washington didn't have much leverage. We only found out about Staley retiring after the trade was finalized. 49ers played it right; Washington did not. This is where they end up.

This is true, in a technical sense. He didn’t announce he was retiring until after the replacement was in place.

But we all knew that Staley was a possibility to hang it up. And when the Niners started calling and inquiring on Trent, some bells probably should’ve started going off in our heads. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

There was little to no reason for him to come in this season. Especially without the training and learning the new system. So, while I don't know for certain, I think it was a strong bet.

Principles.

At the same time, Washington didn't have much leverage. We only found out about Staley retiring after the trade was finalized. 49ers played it right; Washington did not. This is where they end up.

So if he's gonna stand on his Principles and Intergrity, I can do the samething!. He would be the one having to prove to the league he still has it after missing 2 consecutive season's. I guarantee it would've been harder to get a new contract that route oppose to him now able to renegotiate a new deal with the 49er's throughout the year with his play on the field. Not at Home sitting out like he claimed he was willing to do. Let's see you do that Trent. 

It still sets a Clear Stern Message about the Culture at Redskins Park. You sign a deal, you will honor it! You don't Lie/Cry/Threaten your way out of a SIGNED Deal. We tried our best when you Asked for a trade and didn't get approiate vaule, so you Play or Retire Mr William's. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

So if he's gonna stand on his Principles and Intergrity, I can do the samething!. He would be the one having to prove to the league he still has it after missing 2 consecutive season's. I guarantee it would've been harder to get a new contract that route oppose to him now able to renegotiate a new deal with the 49er's throughout the year with his play on the field. Not at Home sitting out like he claimed he was willing to do. Let's see you do that Trent. 

It still sets a Clear Stern Message about the Culture at Redskins Park. You sign a deal, you will honor it! You don't Lie/Cry/Threaten your way out of a SIGNED Deal. We tried our best when you Asked for a trade and didn't get approiate vaule, so you Play or Retire Mr William's. 

While I agree with everything you’re saying, I think having a new regime changed the dynamic. I think Rivera just wanted to move on from a problem that he didn’t really need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And I get that. It would have been a play.

At the same time, with the new front office and coaching staff, they wanted to get it behind them.

Did they sell low? Probably. However, that was happens when you get worked into a corner, a good chunk of it your own fault.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Like I said, it was the mistake of the previous administration. This was their way of cleaning up the mess so they can move forward.

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is true, in a technical sense. He didn’t announce he was retiring until after the replacement was in place.

But we all knew that Staley was a possibility to hang it up. And when the Niners started calling and inquiring on Trent, some bells probably should’ve started going off in our heads. 

Probably. At the same time, they should have decided that if a deal wasn't finalized by Thursday at 5PM ET, they should have said "we're keeping Trent for the long haul" if the plan was the maximize value.

I think they just wanted to be done with it.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

And I get that. It would have been a play.

At the same time, with the new front office and coaching staff, they wanted to get it behind them.

Did they sell low? Probably. However, that was happens when you get worked into a corner, a good chunk of it your own fault.

Like I said, it was the mistake of the previous administration. This was their way of cleaning up the mess so they can move forward.

Ok so going forward let's remember these type of things when Haskins or other's struggle. Everybody has to do their part so the TEAM can Succeed. 

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Probably. At the same time, they should have decided that if a deal wasn't finalized by Thursday at 5PM ET, they should have said "we're keeping Trent for the long haul" if the plan was the maximize value.

I think they just wanted to be done with it.

I think that’s where it came out, as well. Just end it. Once he scuttled the deal with the Vikings, I think that was probably the breaking point for them. I can understand that, on a human level, even if I think it’s bad business. 

Just wish they could have gotten that future pick to be a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Barring an injury to Garoppolo, that pick is almost certainly going to be in the 90s. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While I agree with everything you’re saying, I think having a new regime changed the dynamic. I think Rivera just wanted to move on from a problem that he didn’t really need. 

I understand that, but I also understand Football. Williams would've had to prove to me he was gonna sit out 2 consecutive year's. William's could've played a great part in the development of Haskins in his 2nd year. 

He's traded but I don't agree with this type of So Called "Culture Change" Make William's honor the contract, don't let him Whine his way out, get Fair Value for him, or let him Retire and keep 2 year's of his salary. 

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

How I feel about Trent NOT being on this team...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d06be6eb8b1ccea9cd

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472728b9bbf7f97c96be

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474a0205d0b1130d78c8

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474a0205d0b1130d78c8

How I feel about that future pick only being a 3rd?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474e497d200705fbf865

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b70ecdd9b3bf7e5ebb

I’m just glad it’s over I really like the chance their taking on the one we’re replacing him with. I like getting a winner

• Like 1

So @tredaddy

are you going to own up to losing the sig bet?

I can't see how you legit thought you'd get 2nd rounder let alone a high one on that smh. 

Got a 5th and an extremely low 3rd round pick 

yall whole forum was delusional 

Congrats on getting something for him though I"m somewhat surprised you were ablet to get that much 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1