2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Totty said:

Never got the excitement with Jones.  He had two of the best 3 WRs in the country.  To me he's a fringe NFL player.  

I think Jones can be a starting QB in the league, I just don't think he has a ton of upside and will need to go into a good situation to be successful. He lacks the physical tools/upside to be elite but I think he can be a Jimmy G / Andy Dalton type of player. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Jones can be a starting QB in the league, I just don't think he has a ton of upside and will need to go into a good situation to be successful. He lacks the physical tools/upside to be elite but I think he can be a Jimmy G / Andy Dalton type of player. 

I can see that.  I just think it's early they decide he's not your their franchise guy.

I dont think Mac Jones is a bad QB, but you cant just evaluate him on that any more cause of the picks that SF gave up for him. I don't think hes a star QB in the making by any means if he is the pick for SF hes going to a near perfect situation. Two good WR's a stud TE and running game thats always good no matter who the RB is. Really the only weak link on the offense for the 49ers is Mike McGlinchey. Mac will do really well in that offense. Just will always be a big what if that will be connected to Shanny and Lance and Fields if Mac is the pick.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I dont think Mac Jones is a bad QB, but you cant just evaluate him on that any more cause of the picks that SF gave up for him. I don't think hes a star QB in the making by any means if he is the pick for SF hes going to a near perfect situation. Two good WR's a stud TE and running game thats always good no matter who the RB is. Really the only weak link on the offense for the 49ers is Mike McGlinchey. Mac will do really well in that offense. Just will always be a big what if that will be connected to Shanny and Lance and Fields if Mac is the pick.

I think the Mac to SF is a major smoke screen tbh. SF was already sitting at the 12th pick and likely could've landed him there or with a small trade up on draft night. Moving up to 3 guarantees them a shot at one of Wilson, Fields, or Lance. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My thing with Farley is you'd be taking a chance on a guy who's extremely inexperienced at the position and who might not even be healthy to start the season. 

100%. I would be game to take him at 17, but he is not my first choice. I think if we trade down a tad and all the "impact" defenders are off the board, you can think about it. I think he could be a very good player at a mega valuable position though. I remember the Titans did the same thing with the Miss. St. defensive tackle and that really paid off.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%. I would be game to take him at 17, but he is not my first choice. I think if we trade down a tad and all the "impact" defenders are off the board, you can think about it. I think he could be a very good player at a mega valuable position though. I remember the Titans did the same thing with the Miss. St. defensive tackle and that really paid off.

Simmons was healthy in college and tore his ACL preparing for the draft, much different scenarios. Farley is extremely inexperienced at CB, has two major red flag injuries, and didn't even play last season. And I wouldn't necessarily say that it has really paid off, Simmons has 5 sacks through his first two NFL seasons and the Titans have been one of the worst defensive teams in the league. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Simmons was healthy in college and tore his ACL preparing for the draft, much different scenarios. Farley is extremely inexperienced at CB, has two major red flag injuries, and didn't even play last season. And I wouldn't necessarily say that it has really paid off, Simmons has 5 sacks through his first two NFL seasons and the Titans have been one of the worst defensive teams in the league. 

Simmons himself has been a stud though. He always popped out when I watched the titans. He is also a PFF darling (not the reason I like him LOL).

I understand your concerns though.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Simmons himself has been a stud though. He always popped out when I watched the titans. He is also a PFF darling (not the reason I like him LOL).

I understand your concerns though.

In the two years since drafting Simmons the Titans defense has regressed in a major way and he hasn't been that productive at all. Farley's definitely talented and I'd swing on him at #48 but with his injury concerns, #17 is just a little too rich for me personally. 

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He may have lesser experience than the other corners but his tape is way better than Surtain, Horn, and Newsome. 

58 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Remember when we picked Kolton and Niners picked McG right before us? McG had a decent rookie season and Miller was horrible. 2019/2020 Miller has been very, very solid while McG has been below average. Rare time a Gruden 1st Rounder has worked. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jayce Horn: 12.5%

Greg Newsome: 16%

Patrick Surtain: 0%

Paulson Adebo: 18%

Meh. At least Farley has an excuse of being a converted-corner from receiver. CJ Henderson had no excuse last year. I think Farley will keep developing his run defense.