Week 4: DOUGIE P TAKES LA: Eagles (2-1) vs Chargers (0-3) GDT

EaglesPeteC

Also I’ve noticed that our team is very supportive of each other. Like nobody hangs their heads or shows frustration when Jalen Mills or Douglas get burned for a 70 yarder. They’re internalizing problems, i.e. when Mills gets clowned on, the team treats it as a team problem and not a Mills problem, and they get back to work like that never happened.

Meanwhile OBJ and Zeke have one thing not go their way and they’re crying and whining, hanging their heads and giving up.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Also I’ve noticed that our team is very supportive of each other. Like nobody hangs their heads or shows frustration when Jalen Mills or Douglas get burned for a 70 yarder. They’re internalizing problems, i.e. when Mills gets clowned on, the team treats it as a team problem and not a Mills problem, and they get back to work like that never happened.

Meanwhile OBJ and Zeke have one thing not go their way and they’re crying and whining, hanging their heads and giving up.

Yeah, our team chemistry is great.

PHI-Eagles-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

C Jason Kelce, 90.0 overall grade

CB Patrick Robinson, 87.1 overall grade

T Lane Johnson, 86.8 overall grade

T Jason Peters, 86.7 overall grade

G Brandon Brooks, 86.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

JASON KELCE, 90.0 OVERALL GRADE

When the play calling was kept to the Eagles bread and butter of zone runs, their offensive line led by Jason Kelce presented a platform for their backs to dominate. Kelce comfortably got the better of his matchup with Brandon Mebane and, along with double teams from the guards and tackles either side of him, consistently cleared a path for the ground game and was a key factor in the Eagles closing it out with an outstanding drive to wind off nearly the last 7 minutes of the game.

QB CARSON WENTZ, 72.2 OVERALL GRADE

Another game of ups and downs from Wentz, with some big plays down the field to Zach Ertz and an early play to Nelson Agholor that were offset by some dangerous throws that on another day would have led to interceptions. Wentz’s completion percentage dropped to 35 percent under pressure today, and for the season it is at 39 percent. Greater efficiency under pressure will be crucial to the Eagles and Wentz taking a step forward as the season wears on.

DI BEAU ALLEN, 84.3 OVERALL GRADE

Beau Allen had his best game of the season and gave the interior of the Chargers offensive line fits, he totaled five pressures on the day with four hurries and one sack. Allen finished with a pass-rush productivity (PRP) of 16.0, which currently ranks first among interior defenders for Week 4. Among the three interior offensive linemen for the Chargers, Kenny Wiggins had the best pass-block grade at 74.0, so Allen can expect to see stiffer competition as the season progresses.

CB PATRICK ROBINSON, 87.1 OVERALL GRADE

While rookie CB Rasul Douglas struggled, veteran Patrick Robinson continued his string of solid performances with a coverage grade of 87.0. Robinson was on the field for 27 total coverage snaps and was not targeted a single time, he also recorded a pass break up on a play where he wasn’t the primary defender. Robinson provides some stability to the Eagles young secondary and looks to continue his strong season as the weeks progress.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-26-los-angeles-chargers-24

Big enough to admit I'm looking pretty wrong about Mills lol.

Thought he'd be at least just MEDIOCRE.  but the dude has been god awful. 

Def chalk him down as one of my misses at corner lol. It's one position I'm more right than not....I had wanted us to draft : Xavier Rhodes, Marcus Peters, and Darius Slay when they each came out. Really wish we did. Now those are 3 of the best corners in the game. 

Douglas' bad game I'm not as worried about. I still think he'll be pretty good.

Can't wait for Darby to get back....And curious to see what we do with Sidney. Whether or not we bring him back this season or just red shirt him.  

Either way I love our corner backs long term. Jones is gonna be a stud. And Darby will be a great compliment next to him as a playmaker. Douglas with his size  will be able to cover the freakish WRs..but that's if he can keep up.  Robinson is 30 so I'm not sure if we do resign him or not. 

But I have basically given up on Mills

@Phire I concede. Mills sucks. You were right I was wrong .  ¬¬

Archived