Week 4: DOUGIE P TAKES LA: Eagles (2-1) vs Chargers (0-3) GDT

EaglesPeteC

Probably the worst 3-1 team but hey I'll take it. 3 wins despite having DP as our coach? Impressive. Blount and the OL carried the offense today, Wentz had some nice throws, Elliott further cemented his status as the GOAT, defense had a good first half but was dreadful in the 2nd. 

1st in NFCE.

Nice to be on the other side, imposing your will while the other team is helpless to stop you. 

We made it interesting but that's a good win. The odds were against us today and we came out focused. Game got of hand, letting Rivers throw it around but stuck with the run,  gathered ourselves at the end and escape Cali with a win. I need a full 4 quarters with some home cooking next week against the Cards. 

Dougy should learn from this one. Running may not be pretty but it's effective! And if a defense is letting you, you run it down their throats. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Probably the worst 3-1 team but hey I'll take it. 3 wins despite having DP as our coach? Impressive. Blount and the OL carried the offense today, Wentz had some nice throws, Elliott further cemented his status as the GOAT, defense had a good first half but was dreadful in the 2nd. 

1st in NFCE.

Aside from the 4th and 8 Doug hasn't been bad this past two games

Really good win for the Eagles today. 

1) West coast games have been really really bad for us in recent memory.

2) The Chargers were desperate. Had not won a game and really needed one to save their year. 

3) The Chargers are better than their record. They missed two game winning field goals. 

4) This is the new NFL. Every game is close. "Better" teams are losing to "worse" teams every week now. A win is a win. 

5) Offensive balance for the Eagles.

6) Blount was incredible.

7) Defensive backs need work but we're currently without McLeod, Darby, and Jones.

8) Defense as a whole is good but not nearly as good as they are with Cox. We missed him today. 

9) Wentz's deep ball was on. His development is very, very encouraging. 

10) Cowboys lost (2-2). Giants lost (0-4). The Giants' season is more or less finished.

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

1st in NFCE.

We're better than the Bills and Rams

I'm not mad at Doug's playcalling today. We committed to the run out of the gates and kept it up all game long. He had the team completely prepared for the 6 minute offense at the end and they knew exactly what to do. 

Archived