Antonio Brown

brushmyhair

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Thank you so much for this. You just gave me a strong comparison...

Ricky Williams. Williams was on an incredibly big pace with Miami, then retired for his "substance abuse" situation, then came back at a lesser pace. The time off and continued issues led to a career that has him as the 31st ranked rusher of all time, 38th ranked in terms of rushing TDs. 

There were clear issues that restricted his on field production. Nonetheless, he left at a point where he was averaging 100+ a game for Miami over his first two years there, a little over 12 TDs in those seasons. It was clear he was the centerpiece of that Miami offense, and would have been the centerpiece well into his tenure - but then, he retired. 

Is Ricky Williams a HoFer?

Not a bad comparison, but I dont think Williams was ever held in as high regard as Brown was.     Williams only truly had 1 elite season as a RB.    He had some other good seasons, but I dont think he was considered a bonafide elite RB for a long period of time.      Brown had a 5 or 6 year span where he was one of the most dominant WRs ever in regards to the types of numbers he was putting up.

Dont get me wrong, I dont see Brown getting in if he doesnt end up playing again, but he has a much more compelling case for WR than Williams does IMO....from a production standpoint, that is.   

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not a bad comparison, but I dont think Williams was ever held in as high regard as Brown was.     Williams only truly had 1 elite season as a RB.    He had some other good seasons, but I dont think he was considered a bonafide elite RB for a long period of time.      Brown had a 5 or 6 year span where he was one of the most dominant WRs ever in regards to the types of numbers he was putting up.

Dont get me wrong, I dont see Brown getting in if he doesnt end up playing again, but he has a much more compelling case for WR than Williams does IMO....from a production standpoint, that is.   

Yeah, sure, Brown is the better player, 

but does Antonio Brown have a weed gym?

Edited by NudeTayne
You know, he probably does have a weed gym.
  • Like 1